Solutions Architect, Telco Mobile Core Solution
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Remote - California, United States (All Other); Remote - France (All Other); Remote - Ireland (All Other); Remote - Texas, United States
Solutions Architect, Telco Mobile Core Solutions
Join us as an Engineering Technologist on our Product Management and Architecture team in the Austin, TX or remote location to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact. The Solution Architect role combines Telco industry knowledge and technical expertise, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and innovative business and technology solutions to drive co-innovation and network transformation initiatives.
What you’ll achieve
As a Solution Architect responsible for our Telco Networking and Mobile Infrastructure products and solutions, you will be the technical subject matter expert within the product development group, yet deeply engaged with our sales organizations to enable them to solve complex customer challenges with our technology solution offerings. You use your deep technical expertise to work with product management counterparts to define next generation product and solution offerings. Since you love being in front of people, are you will also be traveling to conduct sales and channel boot camps and attend customer meetings.
- Translate customer opportunities and requirements into detailed user stories. Develop, with product management, detailed feature and product requirements documents from user stories. Work with product team to prioritize feature requirements
- Work with engineering and development teams to develop proof of concepts of new and emerging technologies and/or new features that our customers can benefit from
- Help technical marketing to develop and review technical collateral and marketing claims
- Enable the sales and partners to sell telco products and solutions. Work with solutions business development teams to train direct pre-sales and channel partners on selling and architecting complex enterprise solutions
- Author whitepapers, application briefs and blogs that document the applicability of your solutions to this market and own technical training content development and delivery
- Team up with account team to drive strategic account initiatives; developing trusted advisor relationship with our customers and partners. Secure early customers and Proof-Of-Concept (POC) opportunities. Work with account team to deliver and implement these POCs
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 10+ years’ hands-on experience in the telco service provider marketplace either working for a telco or a networking vendor that serves the space
- In depth domain knowledge of telco and cloud infrastructures, mobility architectures (4G & 5G), and virtualization concepts
- In depth knowledge of telco opensource architectures and requirements, including: OpenStack, Containers etc
- Technical understanding of the 4G/5G core Solution Stack for vEPC, vIMS, 5G core, CUPS implementatio and it's dependencies on the hardware infrastructure
- Experience with scalability and dimensioning of the virtualized Mobile Core
- Prior Mobile Core architecture, development, testing or pre-sales experience
- Familiarity with the test methodologies for scalability and dimension testing
- Proven track record of leading successful customer and partner engagements, strong writing, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, ability to support Sales Engineers in identifying opportunities, solving real world problems, assisting with RFP responses, etc
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R084477