Sr Principal Systems Engineer (PowerEdge) - Round Rock, TXApply Now Job ID 17000SH3 Date posted 08/12/2017 Location Round Rock, TX
Sr Principal Systems Engineer (PowerEdge) – Round Rock, TX
Why Choose Dell's Enterprise Server Group? See for yourself: https://youtu.be/Vh6PqxlbWgE
Join Dell EMC, the world’s largest start-up, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Dell Technologies is seeking a Sr Principal Systems Engineer for a new and dynamic PowerEdge engineering team in Round Rock, TX. In this very high-visibility position, you will be responsible for serving as a systems engineer for adapting PowerEdge servers into purpose built servers for converged, hyper-converged, software-defined storage solutions and traditional storage products.
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, personable individual who can work across many teams with a big picture vision to bring to our customers a best-in-class purpose built servers for DellEMC CI, HCI and SDS products.
You will be expected to be a subject matter expert in the PowerEdge hardware and software components. This includes, but is not limited to, server platforms, processors, memory, drives, NICs, BIOS, iDRAC, Server Storage, Open Manage, and other node management tools.
Your duties will include enabling the solution product engineering team integration of PowerEdge servers efficiently and intelligently into their existing solution stack while innovating to ensure world class customer experience over the entire lifecycle (build, deploy, maintain, migrate, et al). You will be expected to plan and drive platform releases through the Dell process in partnership with the solutions team. Releases will include HW, SW, factory integration, and service methods and capabilities improvements.
Your role will require collaboration with the end solution systems engineering teams, PowerEdge engineering teams, marketing teams, suppliers, and business unit leaders and executives to ensure a world-class purpose built portfolio and product life cycle management process.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 10+ years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in enterprise product development and product life cycle (specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance)
- Knowledge of enterprise server, storage and networking architecture and technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player - ideal candidate must thrive in a team-centric environment
- Persuasive communication, relationship-building, and influencing skills
- Knowledge of PowerEdge specific HW and SW tools and architecture is highly desirable
- Knowledge of shared and share-nothing storage architectures and Software Defined Storage solutions is a desirable
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as ESXi, Hyper-V and KVM is a plus
- Familiarity of server end user production and lifecycle workflows is a plus
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
JobSystems Dev Engineering
Primary LocationNorth America-US-TX-Round Rock
Job LevelIndividual Contributor
OrganizationCommercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions
- North America Commercial Pricing Consultant (Channel) Round Rock, Texas
- Sr Advisor, Project/Prog Mgmt Round Rock, Texas
- Advisor, Gov Contracts Round Rock, Texas