Support & Deployment Services Undergrad InternRound Rock, Texas 02/25/2019
Support and Deployment Services
Undergraduate Intern - Summer 2019
Round Rock, TX
Support and Deployment Services (SDS) is an organization within Dell. SDS provides support and extended warranty services, managed deployment, enterprise installation, and configuration services for both Enterprise and Client customers. It is one of the most strategic and profitable organizations in the company and is currently experiencing explosive global growth. SDS is made up of global operations teams to include customer service, supply chain, and professional services; marketing and sales operations teams, finance, engineering, and more. Roles include a combination of project management and internal consulting roles. We are looking for interns who are comfortable taking accountability and are able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our rapidly evolving business. The ideal intern is customer focused, results driven, innovative, works well on a team, and acts with integrity.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Defines supporting and/or driving process improvements
- Manages complex projects, in a fast paced, dynamic and global environment, within given constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and quality
- Conduct interviews with Sr. Management & peers and facilitate/lead meetings to drive analysis & recommendations
- Develop innovative output & actionable recommendations based on analysis that improves business performance and contributes to SDS corporate goals and strategy.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the execution of project work streams including milestone tracking and risk/issue management.
- Conducts periodic reviews to ensure project is on track and conducts post-project reviews with Services Executives
- Analyze and aggregate company-specific research, reviewing market trending, sales modeling, financial information, macroeconomic trends, and competitor analysis, etc.
- Utilizes relevant project management tools, systems, and applications
You are our candidate if:
- Currently enrolled undergrad (Junior) in an accredited Bachelor’s program in Business, Industrial Engineering, Communication, Marketing, or related disciplines, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent in business intelligence, analytics and reporting skills
- Must be comfortable working with global teams spread across multiple global regions
- Ability to frequently interact with VP’s, Executive Directors, Directors, Senior level managers, peers, project/program managers, operations, marketing, finance, and other internal & external customers
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.