Sr. Manager - Product Marketing and Strategy - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Seattle,Washington
Salt Lake City,Utah,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Kansas City,Missouri,USA; Portland,Oregon,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; Reno,Nevada,USA; Minneapolis,Minnesota,USA;
This role allows for flexibility to work in-office, remotely, or a combination of both!
VMware is seeking a Sr. Manager- Product marketing and GTM strategy to lead our go-to-market efforts for two key product lines including our Tanzu Application Modernization tool and a joint Tanzu offering with Microsoft Azure- Azure Spring Cloud.
Tanzu Application Modernization tool- This tool helps in the discovery of legacy apps built using Java/Java EE/.NET frameworks, provide analysis support to determine optimal placement of modernized apps and help with the actual modernization effort.
In addition, you will identify key requirements and drivers for adoption of VMware and Tanzu products on Cloud Service Provider platforms.
You will have (or develop) a keen understanding of our customers and market and will use this knowledge to prioritize and drive the right go-to-market efforts. There are 5 main areas of focus in this role:
- Product Marketing- messaging and content creation. Working with product management and engineering to create stories/messages to answer "Why do I need this product". Defining product market fit, articulating why it's important from a competitive standpoint, how it competes with other products, etc.
- Pricing & Packaging- understand the marketplace and competitors, building out pricing/packaging plans, reviewing and improving.
- Sales Enablement- Provide messaging to understand the right opportunity for a customer, building messaging playbooks, etc. Joining customer calls to show sales teams how to use this messaging, etc.
- Informant of Product Roadmap- be the voice of the customer to product management. You will execute changes with them as you research, learn about customer environments, know the competitive marketplace, etc. You will influence features/services within the technical roadmap of these 2 products from this standpoint.
- Market Strategy- Market Segmentation, Market Trends, prioritization, etc.
The ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits that customers care about is essential to your success. You should quickly gain a solid understanding of the users, influencers, buyers, and their decision criteria and transfer that knowledge to sales and marketing channels. You will craft clear, current, and differentiated messaging and positioning, define and influence pricing and packaging, develop and execute out of the box marketing tactics that drive demand. You will apply creative problem-solving and analytical skills to drive strategic business goals.
- Develop, define and execute the end-to-end GTM strategy for product lines
- Own growth to expand catalog of solutions on and, consumption of these products & solutions
- Deliver compelling messaging and positioning, go-to-market strategy and pricing and packaging, reinforcing our core messages and driving brand awareness of VMware
- Deliver analytically rigorous and data-driven insights to support strategic direction and prioritization of product in a dynamic market
- Communicate the value proposition crisply, drive the development of sales tools that support sales execution
- Lead and support launches, events, analyst and press interactions
- Conduct partner / market research to build expertise on the market, customers and competitors
- Present, both externally and internally, customer stories that promote our technologies and our solutions
- Communicate customer requirements to product management on service improvements and future service direction
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in engineering, computer science or business and an MBA – or related software and technology industry experience
- 8+ years of experience with at least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in Product Management / Product Marketing / Management Consulting / Corporate Strategy
- Analytical mindset, assembling and interpreting data, building executive summaries that deliver actionable business insights
- Cross-functional team management, influence without authority, including senior management and extended partners
- Strong project & organization management skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- Experience speaking in front of large internal, external and global audience
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-14
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111366