Sr. Software Engineer
- San Antonio, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our DevOps Tools team to do the best work of your career. Work with the most advanced technologies, tools, and software engineering methodologies. Collaborate with internal and external partners.
What you’ll achieve
As aSenior Software Engineer on our DevOps Toolsteamyou willbe responsible for themanagement and automation of tools supporting Dell Technologies engineering teams. As a passionate individual who can scale across roles and work with diverse teams, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a highly efficient, metrics-driven DevOps working model.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our DevOps Tools team in the US (Remote) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
- Support and Administrate Test case management tool, work with tickets from customers
- Design & build BI solutions and create report visualizations for requested projects using Grafana, Tableau or EazyBI
- Write scripts to automate processes (python, ansible, puppet)
- Work with a wide range of tools and methodologies to understand business needs and requirements and understand how they can be achieved
- Work with Internal Cloud tools and development environments with scale and security as pillars
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Experience with Test management tool admin activities, preferably Qtest
- Experience with Testing Methodologies
- Experience with Reporting tools like Grafana, Tableau or EazyBI
- Scripting skills, i.e., Python, Bash, etc.
- Agile SDLC experience
- Experience in REST API
- Familiarity with DevOps and ALM tools, preferably Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, and Confluence
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience in Object-oriented programming knowledge, DB and understanding of basic software design patterns
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Nagios, Prometheus
- Familiarity with Kafka, Jenkins & Dockers is a plus
Job Family: Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R100085
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the San Antonio Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.