Member of Technical Staff - VeloCloud SD-WAN (Dataplane) - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: San Francisco,California
Do you love to make new things, design and develop technologies that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment? Then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware.
Our products and teams are growing fast, and most of your work will be driving new features using some of the most current frameworks and libraries, working with High Performance Control Plane and Data Plane pipelined architecture, L2/L3 Networking protocols, Security concepts (IKE, IPSeC, PKI), WAN optimization techniques. The exact area of the product that you work on will depend on your skills and interests.
- Understanding the key requirements for the Control and Data Plane features of the VeloCloud SD-WAN product, architecting a solution and delivering a working prototype and the final product
- Deliver major functionality smoothly, on time with excellent quality
- Collaborate effectively with other staff to solve complex problems. - Assist with debugging and verification of defects in your own and others' work.
- Build rapid prototypes and work on fast paced projects.
- Understand the big picture, such as the importance of proper architecture, unit testing, automation
- 5+ years programming in C, with emphasis on multi-threaded programming.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, and software design
- Knowledge of high-performance control and data plane pipelined architecture is desired
- Knowledge of L2/L3 networking protocols, network security concepts, routing, OSPF, BGP knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Prior experience in scripting (Python, shell scripting, etc) is desirable.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105419