Principal Data Scientist (100% Remote or Onsite)Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, Remote - North Carolina, United States 01/11/2019
Are you in need of a one-of-a-kind opportunity? How about the challenge of uncovering hidden insights to drive new business value for customers from one of world’s largest, and growing, store of meta-data created from a cloud integration platform? Dell Boomi is the first and still the industry’s #1 Integration Platform as-a Service that enables customers to develop and execute data integrations that access, transform, and move data between clouds, between clouds and on-premise applications, and between on-premise applications.
Meta-data is continually being generated as users develop new application integrations, capturing the relationships for every application being accessed, the data mapping definitions created, as well as meta-data being generated that captures every aspect of the execution of the integration. Dell Boomi already offers value-add to its users today where some of this meta-data is what we call crowd-sourced. But we know that there is so much more to unleash from this meta-data, developer behaviors, execution characteristics, correlations of common integrations across our customer-base world-wide.
We are looking for data scientists to work on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling for predictive and prescriptive enterprise analytics. Successful candidates will be expected to understand and investigate state of the art techniques in advanced machine learning and statistical modeling, and also design, develop, and deploy state-of-art, scalable systems for innovative analytics applications. Applicants will be expected to work with a diverse set of data sources, such as time series data, spatial, graph data, semi-structured and unstructured data, and build statistical/machine-learning models in support of on-demand, real-time analytic services.
- Research, design, prototype and deliver robust and scalable models based on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling to answer key business problems
- Build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, perform elements of data cleaning, feature selection and feature engineering and organize experiments in conjunction with best practices
- Work with development teams & business groups to ensure models can be implemented as part of a delivered solution replicable across many clients
- Present findings to stakeholders to drive improvements and solutions from concept through to delivery
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion promising new methods relevant to the problems at hand
- Collaborate closely with university partners and other scientists and engineers in a multidisciplinary work environment
- Master’s in computer science with 5+ years of experience in related field.
- Demonstrated history of driving and delivering analytics models and solutions
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals of machine learning, data mining and statistical predictive modeling, and extensive experience applying these methods to real world problems
- Strong skills in software prototyping and engineering with expertise in applicable programming and analytics languages (Python, R, C/C++) and various open source machine learning and analytics packages to generate deliverable modules and prototype demonstrations of their work
- Desired interdisciplinary skills include big data technologies, ETL, statistics and causal inference, Deep Learning, modeling and simulation
- Breadth of skills and experience in machine learning – diverse types of data and sources, different types of learning models, diverse learning settings
- Ability and inclination to work in multi-disciplinary environments, and a passion for ideas realized in practice
- Demonstrated ability to propose novel solutions to problems, performing experiments to show feasibility of their solutions, and working to refine the solutions into a real-world context
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
"DCAM 1"Job Family: Information-Technology Remote Job ID: R83654
Related Job Opportunities
- Consultant Information Security Compliance Multiple Locations
- Security Innovator of IoT - Secureworks - Atlanta, GA or Remote Multiple Locations
- Senior Operations Back Up / Data Protection Engineer Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.