Network Architect Americas - Telecom Systems Business
- Austin, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Telecom Network Architect - Americas
Join us as a Telecom Network Architect - Americas on our Telecom Product Management team in remote, US to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The Telco Network Architect role combines Telco industry knowledge and technical expertise, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and innovative business and technology solutions to drive co-innovation and network transformation initiatives with Tier 1 Telecom Operators.
The Telco Network Architect provides innovative thought, strategic guidance and technology expertise to enable new business opportunities. The Network Architect leads client technical engagement, helping clients exploit information to its maximum potential and accelerate their journey to multi-cloud. Taking an application centric perspective, the position should be able to differentiate Dell Technologies on our ability to deliver tangible business results through the generation of actionable strategy and design, followed by driving and managing execution with our clients, to enable them to transform and exploit the benefits of big data and cloud computing opportunities.
Become the Client’s Trusted Advisor
- •Lead technical aspects of new business development with Tier 1 Telecom Operators in the America. Develop, propose and coordinate co-innovation projects in close alignment with the Telco BU strategic product & services roadmap and regional/account level client executives.
- •An evangelist for the client’s specific business and technical issues and demands and translate them into architectures & solutions delivered by Dell Technologies
- •Develops, maintains and cultivates strong customer relationships at all levels, with special emphasis on architects & Executive level Network/IT leaders
- •Develops trusted and meaningful client relationships through a deep understanding of Key Business Issues within their account base and alignment to key Dell Technology Solutions
- •Is the lead technical expert with an emphasis on pre-sales motions and scoping of the customers vision through Dell Technologies Solution development
- •Delivers compelling 1:1 Presentations and live demonstrations across Dell Technologies key portfolio offerings
- •Drives the adoption of Dell Technologies key solutions by positioning Professional Services for People, Process and Technology Consulting
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- •Minimum of Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in technology or engineering
- •10+ years of technical pre-sales and architecture experience for large enterprises and Telecom Operators working with global clients on multi-year Network/IT transformational engagements that scale over $50M+ in investment value
- •10 years in technical role, as an architect, R&D systems, product management and/or related area. Experience with 4G and 5G Networks including radio access network (RAN) technologies and solutions
- •Strong technical background in Mobile Networks architecture include 3GPP core and radio access network. Working knowledge and direct experience with 5G 3GPP standard (Release 15-17) and 5G O-RAN Alliance and TIP architecture, ecosystem, market dynamics and solutions
- Desirable to have expertise related to business applications, business process management, application integration, database management, application development, data analytics or converged/virtualized IT infrastructure as an architect, systems engineer or consultant in Telecom or related industries
- •Comprehensive technical expertise in datacenter technologies from the Application to the Infrastructure levels. Vertical expertise within the client’s industry is highly desired
- •Experience working directly CIO/CTO and VP’s in orchestrating a wide variety of technical resources to collaborate and drive large enterprise grade, technically comprehensive customer projects within global accounts
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy
Job Family: Engineering Systems-Engineer TELCOBU Job ID: R082736
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Santa Clara Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.