Primary Location: Santa Clara, California
Job Description – Sustaining Engineer for Integrated Backup Appliance
As a senior member of the Customer Experience Engineering, this person will work on customer issues and provide solutions in timely manner. Ideal candidate will enjoy a fast paced, technically challenging environment working on the core subsystems of leading edge de-duplication Storage solutions, Install/Upgrade of Appliance Software, cloud related Apps for a backup appliance.
- Do in-depth root cause analysis, provide workarounds and code fixes to customers.
- Interact with customers to help understand their requirements, troubleshoot and provide solutions to complex problems.
- Interface with functional areas such as Development, Support, QA and Product Management to provide comprehensive resolution of customer issues.
- Design and deliver supportability tools to improve data collection, diagnose mis-configurations and automate recoverability.
- Provide Plan of Action and frequent updates to Support/Customers for critical issues resolution.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6 plus years’ experience in software development in C and/or Java programming
- UNIX Systems programming, data structures, OS internals (memory management, multi-threading, IPC, synchronization, etc.)
- Experience programming on Windows or linux or unix environment.
- Expertise debugging user level, multi-threaded systems.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, diagnostic skills.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing and managing field expectations.
- Knowledge of File System internals, storage systems, a plus.
- Experience in sustaining engineering, a plus.
- BS degree in CS, CE or EE is required.