Product Manager, Core & Converged Access – Telecom Business Systems
- Round Rock, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Product Manager, Core and Converged Access
Join us as a Product Manager on our Telco Business Systems team in Round Rock, Texas or Santa Clara, CA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Product Manager responsible for our Core and Converged Access solutions you will have and develop a deep understanding of the needs of Communications Service Providers (Telcos), with respect to the evolution of mobile network infrastructure and how it is converging with fixed line networks. This is especially relevant, and exciting, as Telcos and MSOs are on their Journey to 5G and involved in various stages of implementing the evolution of their core, access and edge network, and how they operate these networks. The role encompasses interaction with Telcos as well as Managed Service Providers. The ideal candidate will have significant product management experience in mobile core and access networks, as well as base experience in one or more of these areas as an employee in a Telco / MSO and/or a vendor that focuses on service providers in this space.
- Set product strategy, develop roadmaps, create offers and commercial models working in a cross functional environment
- Develop business cases built upon real industry data and customer insight
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure solutions meet customer business outcomes
- Develop and execute go to market plans while working closely with sales to support customer initiatives including field enablement, sales calls, and RFx responses.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, MBA preferred; or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of experience in the communications service provider marketplace (as either customer or vendor)
- 15 years in product management and/or solutions management, specifically having an in-depth knowledge of fixed line access networks and how they are converging with mobile network architectures
- Relevant technical depth, including mobile 5G architectures, fixed network architectures (Telco & MSO), Broadband Network Gateways, CMTS, Access Gateways, IOT
- Successful experience in creating packaged and as a Service offers and solutions around cloud operating models with an ownership of defining commercial models.
- Ability to drive, and articulate solution offerings while working with customers and account teams to gather input and capture features
- Technical understanding of the core hardware elements of a service provider data center (i.e. compute, networking, and storage), the software/hardware ecosystem that supports infrastructure virtualization, and the tools necessary to provide assurance and analytics systems to enabling the service provider to maximize efficiency and generate new revenue opportunities.
- Proven track record in managing complex matrices
- Experience and understanding of the growing influence and role that open source (hardware, like OCP and TIP; software, like ONF, Openstack, OSM, Open-O, Kubernetes) plays in infrastructure solutions development and standard bodies.
- Attention to detail balanced with high level process overview/improvements; along with the ability to prioritize as the position will be working across multiple solutions and organizations often with conflicting requirements.
- Proven track record of presenting directly to executive and C-level customers
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job Family: Engineering Systems-Engineer TELCOBU Job ID: R082951
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Santa Clara Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.