To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Product Manager, RAN – Telco Business Unit
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Santa Clara, California, United States
Product Manager, RAN – Telco Business Unit; US locations including Round Rock, TX and Santa Clara, CA
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Telco RAN Product Manager to join a growing team with a charter to develop, sell, and deploy solutions to the rapidly growing 5G Telecom market segment
The Product Manager role is two-fold. First, the Product Manager has a deep understanding of the needs of Telecom Operators involved in various stages of implementing the evolution of their core, access and Radio network to roll out 5G, as well as server, storage, and networking building blocks needed to deliver virtualized solutions. The role encompasses interaction with Telecom Operators and partners. The ideal candidate will have a solid experience in the Mobile Network with a focus on the 5G Radio Access Network (RAN).
In addition to firsthand experience, the Product Manager will round out a perspective of the market via a combination of third-party research, investment in primary research, methodical engagement with field resources calling upon Mobile Network customers and partners. Through this, the Product Manager will be “the” subject matter expert for 5G Open RAN solutions and partners within Dell: understanding current customers, competitors, and partners within the market; speaking and incorporating the nomenclature of the service provider segment in all output; and sub-segmentation of Dell EMC and partner technologies for service providers.
The second part of the Product Manager role is development of roadmaps for their solutions. Solutions will consist of Dell Technologies hardware and software assets, services (via Dell and third-parties), and specific offerings from a select group of technology partners. As such, the Product Manager will have an in-depth knowledge of Dell’s server, storage, networking and software portfolio with the ability to drive influence into the product management process of that portfolio. In addition, the Product Manager will maintain an inventory of third-party offerings from various technology partners with a distinct value proposition and work to incorporate into Dell EMC technology roadmap. This partner set will be diverse in terms of their size (start-ups to Fortune 500), their technology focus (software to hardware), and their geographical location.
The Product Manager will follow an Offer Lifecycle Process in adding solutions to the roadmap. This entails the formulation of concept charters that clearly identify the basis for competitive differentiation, business case (inclusive of both investment and revenue), and the necessary competitive and intra-line positioning to allow the Solutions Marketing team to execute the go-to-market activities. Solutions on the roadmap will also undergo a definition process that clearly calls out details of the specific components at a sufficient level of detail to enable a field resource to respond to and RFI/RFQ/RFP.
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher
- 15 years of experience in the communications service provider marketplace (as either customer or vendor)
- 10 years in product management and/or related area and direct technical or product management experience with 4G and 5G radio access network (RAN) technologies and solutions
- Strong technical background in 3GPP radio access network and working knowledge of 5G 3GPP standard (Release 15-17) and 5G O-RAN Alliance and TIP architecture, ecosystem, market dynamics and solutions
- Strategic analysis, communication and business modeling skills
- Technical understanding of the core hardware elements of Telecom and enterprise data centers (i.e. compute, networking, and storage) and the software/hardware ecosystem that supports infrastructure virtualization
- Proven track record of leading successful RAN-related customer and partner engagements
- History of directly supporting sales resource in the field and incorporating their feedback to refine offerings.
- Proven track record of successfully managing in a matrix organizational structure
- Experience and understanding of the growing influence and role that open source (hardware, like OCP and TIP; software, like ONF, Openstack, CNCF, LF Edge, ONAP, OSM, Kubernetes) plays in infrastructure solutions development and standard bodies (3GPP)
- Attention to detail balanced with high level process overview/improvements
- Business Acumen (understanding of the sales cycle, RAN business models)
- Proven track record of presenting directly to executive and C-level customers
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R070601