Senior Software Engineer (C, Linux, Raid, File Systems)Santa Clara, California 09/06/2018
Senior Software Engineer (RAID)
Job ID: R62944
Location: Santa Clara, CA- local candidates only
Product team: Data Domain Engineering
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a talented software engineer on our Data Protection Team Product Team!
Our Software Systems Engineering team ensures that our customers have the software systems they need for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and deliver software systems modifications as well as enhancements of new products. We oversee product development at all stages: planning, designing, developing and testing operating systems, compilers, routers, utilities, databases, embedded management and control devices, plus internet-related tools.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (RAID) to join our team in Santa Clara, CA. You will be part of the RAID & Storage Pool team working on Dell EMC’s Data Backup and Protection Storage. Contributing to the next generation of high performance and highly reliable system Data Protection Storage solutions.
- Responsible for designing and maintaining Data Backup and Protection Storage to support existing and new customer use cases in software RAID and storage IO stack.
- Responsible for defining, architecting, implementing, and supporting large and complex modules in the Software RAID/Storage Pool layer.
- Responsible for delivering Design and Functional specifications.
- Participate in all phases of the development cycle.
- Analyze and improve system performance.
- Provide accurate and detailed schedule estimates for development efforts.
- Interface with other functional areas such as Support, QA, and Product Management.
- Interact with customers to help understand requirements as well as troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Develop and review unit test procedures and work closely with QA to develop system integration test plans.
- Require strong skills in system programming, memory management, multi-core, distributed programming, synchronization, data structures and algorithms
- Real world working experience with RAID, SAS/SATA, and other storage technologies, and Device driver development
- Experience in Linux/Unix systems programming in C
- Understanding of kernel internals, designing, implementing and debugging at Kernel level
- Experience in File System internals, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and efficiently handle multiple projects with shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and move the project forward, driven and has a passion for technology
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in designing scalable, high performance products and knowledge of file systems and storage
- Experience and/or knowledge with FreeBSD
- Excellent Linux diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Techniques to scale algorithms without loss of performance.
- Agile software development using SCRUM
- Experience in Python programming
Education and Experience Level:
Typically requires 5+ years of related experience with a BS degree OR 6+ years with a MS degree OR PhD without experience OR related experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
LIPriorityJob Family: Engineering-Development Graduates Job ID: R62944
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Advisor, Strategic Business Development California
- Director of Software Engineering, Data Domain System Software California
- Sr. Manager, Software Engineering, Data Domain System Software California
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.