Software Principal Engineer - Santa Clara, CASanta Clara, California 02/11/2020
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Principal Engineer on our Software Principal Engineer team in Santa Clara, CA.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Do in-depth root cause analysis, provide workarounds and code fixes to customers.
Maintain and deliver dot releases of products in the field.
Interact with customers to help understand their requirements, troubleshoot and provide solutions to complex problems.
Interface with functional areas such as Development, Support, QA and Product Management to provide comprehensive resolution of customer issues.
Design and deliver supportability tools to improve data collection, diagnose mis-configurations and automate recoverability.
Provide Plan of Action and frequent updates to Support/Customers for critical issues resolution.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering w/ 8+ years’ experience in software development; or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering with 6+ years’ experience in software development.
- C programming in a Linux OR Unix environment required.
- Expertise debugging user level, multi-threaded systems.
- UNIX Systems programming, data structures, OS internals (memory management, multi-threading, IPC, synchronization, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written to resolve customer issues.
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing and managing field expectations
- Knowledge of File System internals, storage systems, a plus.
- Experience in sustaining engineering, a plus.
- C++ programming experience a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Corporate-Development Engineering-Development Job ID: R054076