Software Senior Engineer
Primary Location: Santa Clara, California
Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our DevOps Productivity Engineering team in Santa Clara, CA / Boston, MA / Austin, TX / RTP, NC to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
• Design and lead the effort on automation, CI/CD processes and tools to make our services simpler and more robust
• Mentor team members in design collaboration, code reviews, development tools and processes
• Take part in the full software development life cycle including development, test, continuous delivery and support
• Be an active member of an agile team, collaboratively realizing features through development, test and delivery
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 3+ years of software development experience
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Agility to adapt to technologies and processes quickly
• Expertise with Source Code Management tools – specifically GIT (GitHub)
• Deep experience in build/release engineering, Continuous Integration /deployment and artifact management tools – Jenkins Pipeline, Jfrog Artifatory, Ansible, Kubernetes
• Strong (3+ years) experience in engineering requirements, development and test tools – JIRA, Code review tools, Static and Dynamic Code Coverage tools – Coverity, third party scanning
• Excellent programming and scripting skills in multiple languages – including Python, Java, Bash, Go, Perl, PHP, Ruby, etc.
• Self-starter with strong collaboration skills – collaborate across various teams and organizations
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills – communicate to engineers, managers, and senior leadership
• 4+ years related experience plus BS or 2+ years plus MS or 1+ years plus PhD or related experience
• Self-starter to learn complex systems
• Experience in Web Technologies and frameworks, such as HTML5, Angular/ AngularJS, CSS; development experience on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP/Perl/Python) stack
• Familiar with virtual environments – VMWare, KVM, etc.
• Experience in agile methodologies and software development lifecycles
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 31 July 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R097642