Product Manager, AIOPs – Telecom Business Systems
- Round Rock, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Technical Product Manager, Next Gen Ops
Join us as a Technical Product Manager on our Telco Business Systems team in Round Rock, Texas or Santa Clara, CA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Technical Product Manager responsible for our Next Generation Operations solutions you will have and develop a deep understanding of the needs of Communications Service Providers (Telcos), with respect to Operations Support Systems and Business Support Systems (OSS/BSS). As these Telcos are on their Journey to 5G and involved in various stages of implementing the evolution of their core, access and edge network, and how they operate these networks. The role encompasses interaction with Telcos as well as Managed Service Providers. The ideal candidate will have significant Next Gen Ops, Analytics, and Machine Learning experience, as well as base experience in one or more of these areas as an employee in a Telco and/or a vendor that focuses on Telcos in this space.
- Translate customer opportunities and requirements into detailed user stories with afocus on Next Gen Ops solutions. Develop, with product management, detailed feature and product requirements documents from user stories. Work with product team to prioritize feature requirements.
- Work with engineering and development teams to develop proof of concepts of new and emerging technologies and/or new features that our customers can benefit from.
- Help technical marketing to develop and review technical collateral and marketing claims.
- Enable the sales and partners to sell telco products and solutions. Work with solutions business development teams to train direct pre-sales and channel partners on selling and architecting complex enterprise solutions.
- Author whitepapers, application briefs and blogs that document the applicability of your solutions to this market and own technical training content development and delivery. Team up with account team to drive strategic account initiatives; developing trusted advisor relationship with our customers and partners. Secure early customers and Proof-Of-Concept (POC) opportunities. Work with account team to deliver and implement these POCs and support customer initiatives including field enablement, sales calls, and RFx responses.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, MBA preferred; or equivalent work experience
- 7 years’ experience in the communications service provider marketplace (as either customer or vendor). In-depth domain knowledge, including hands on experience, with OSS and BSS products and their evolution to Next Gen Ops, all including full FCAPS, assurance, telemetry, machine learning and analytics market space and technologies
- Technical depth on systems management, remote diagnostics, ZTP and system life cycle management.
- Ability to drive, and articulate value as Next Gen Ops increases the overall solution value. Working with customers and account teams to gather input and capture features
- Technical understanding of the core hardware elements of a service provider data center (i.e. compute, networking, and storage), the software/hardware ecosystem that supports infrastructure virtualization, and the tools necessary to provide assurance and analytics systems to enabling the service provider to maximize efficiency and generate new revenue opportunities.
- Strategic analysis, communication and business modelling skills, proven track record in managing complex matrices
- Experience and understanding of the growing influence and role that open source (hardware, like OCP and TIP; software, like ONF, Openstack, OSM, Open-O, Kubernetes) plays in infrastructure solutions development and standard bodies. Attention to detail balanced with high level process overview/improvements; along with the ability to prioritize as the position will be working across multiple solutions and organizations often with conflicting requirements.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job Family: Engineering Systems-Engineer TELCOBU Job ID: R082954
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Santa Clara Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.