Contract Technical Recruiter - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Seattle,Washington
Portland,Oregon,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Miami,Florida,USA; Seattle,Washington,USA; Jacksonville,Florida,USA; Nashville,Tennessee,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Baltimore,Maryland,USA; Charlotte,North Carolina,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Newark,New Jersey,USA; Bridgeport,Connecticut,USA; New York,New York,USA; Phoenix,Arizona,USA; Columbus,Ohio,USA; Indianapolis,Indiana,USA; Detroit,Michigan,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Wichita,Kansas,USA; Boston,Massachusetts,USA; Salt Lake City,Utah,USA; Phoenix,Arizona,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Portland,Oregon,USA; Washington,D.C.,USA;
The Cloud Services Business Unit (CSBU) within VMware is responsible for delivering a unified multi-cloud experience for VMware customers via our broad portfolio of SaaS and Subscription services. Our portfolio includes VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware Cloud Services on Hyperscalers, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, and the VMware Cloud Partner Provider program. Our mission is to deliver VMware IaaS across VMware managed Clouds, Public Clouds, and Edge locations serving three core constituents, our team, our customers, and our ecosystem partners.
Who are we?
The team (VMC Engineering) is responsible for delivering VMC on AWS, VMC on Outposts and VMC on Hyperscalers (Azure, Google etc) built on top of Hyperconverged SDDC stack with the VMWare engine.
Job Role and Responsibility
We are looking for a Recruiter to support the Cloud Services Business Unit and the product development teams responsible for VMware Cloud (VMC) on a long-term contract basis. You will be responsible for full-cycle recruiting including the sourcing and development of candidate pipelines, candidate assessment and presentation, negotiation of the offer and successfully closing candidates for highly technical product development positions. In addition, you will coach hiring managers on VMware’s best practices related to assessment and selection as well as diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Client's business, including strategic direction, priorities, and goals.
- Methodically utilize in-house tools, networks, cold-calling, and research methods to source passive and other interested candidates.
- Serve as escalation point for issues, change requests and other items that come up in the course of day-to-day service delivery.
- Function as the subject matter expert; crafting and executing recruiting strategies to identify candidates for highly specialized and difficult-to-attract positions, usually requiring extensive search.
- Collaborate with managers and business leaders to understand the skills required for each position to effectively match the best candidates to organizational needs.
- Educate and coach hiring managers in Company’s employment processes including interview techniques, selection process and hiring system processes.
- Work with hiring manager to prepare and present offers of employment; ensuring that all Staffing Processes are followed in all phases of staffing from recruitment to hire.
- Meet assigned metrics in all staffing activities.
- Adhere to all hiring practices to ensure all documentation, interviews and actions are consistent and compliant with all legal and ethical standards.
- Responsible for effective management of the “candidate experience” throughout the recruitment process.
- Sell the company, the job and the career opportunity through knowledge of the company, its culture, benefits and products.
- Act as brand ambassador by projecting and maintaining the VMware employment brand via social media and other channels
- 4+ years of experience within a corporate recruiting environment with an emphasis on sourcing SaaS engineering talent and other technical engineering roles.
- Experience recruiting for cloud engineering and/or networking profiles.
- Experience executing all stages of the recruitment process including strategy and target development, identifying, sourcing, screening, interviewing, closing and follow-up.
- Creative thinker who can successfully target candidates with out of the box sourcing strategies.
- Demonstrable ability to attract and hook passive candidates.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity that seeks to question the status quo and look for ways to advance business objectives.
- Critical Thinking and Leadership – Capable of executing and delivering a desired future state (vision) through influence on things we value, individual and group goals, execution of plans, value reinforcements, and systems.
- Organizational Awareness – Deep understanding of and ability to utilize analytics & innovative talent practices to drive business results.
- Communication – Presenting ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to influence and inspire both direct and indirect organizations through effectively articulating the opportunities and challenges throughout the organization.
Category : HR
Subcategory: Talent Acquisition
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2109644