Senior Principal Software Engineer - Isilon Unstructured DataSeattle, Washington 10/26/2018
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Engineer on our Unstructured Data team in Seattle.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
The OneFS Product is a high performance scale-out NAS product that supports multi-petabyte clusters and makes that space available via many standard network protocols (NFS, SMB, HTTP, [...]) in a coherent, consistent, fault-tolerant way.
- Design, Architect, and Implement solutions to distributed computing problems for consistent scale-out filesystems
- Enable other teams to use those facilities, by consulting with them and/or improving the interfaces to make correct use more obvious.
- Maintain a high quality of code in the product by reviewing and improving solutions
- 5+ years of C language development in Unix Kernels. FreeBSD experience preferred.
- Filesystem expertise
- Experience with threaded Programming in a C environment, Locking, and Consensus Algorithms.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with LaTeX
- Experience with Python, Unix shell scripting, and other similar Unix systems languages and patterns.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R58121
Related Job Opportunities
- Consultant Product Management Washington
- Senior Principal Software Engineer Multiple Locations
- Software Engineer - Unstructured Data Storage Washington
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.