Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Platform Team
- Seattle, Washington
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Software Engineer
Dell Technologies has had a 35-year history and track record of delivering ground-breaking products, solutions and services to help millions of customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! As we define our mission for the next 35 years – the opportunities to reshape the cloud are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled commitment to customer success and focus on innovation. We are making huge bets and fast progress to bring clouds to our customers – wherever they may be!
If want to join the ‘ground-floor’ of a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to lead a generational transformation for ourselves, and our customers – this role may be just the right opportunity for you! As the Senior Software Developer, you will be a part of a team that will design, develop and deliver a microservices based cloud software solution on a service-mesh using modern orchestration technologies.
You will be accountable for the following:
Cloud Platform Development
- Be a key contributor on an Agile development team, collaboratively realizing business value through iterative software development lifecycle.
- Design, development, and end to end testing of Dell Cloud products including enhancements and/or resolutions of issues that may be reported adhering to Dell Technologies Cloud standards
- Investigate and resolve customer issues with software solutions and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Prepare test data for unit, integration, end to end, regression and performance testing.
- Participate in design collaboration, code reviews
- DevOps rollout and implementation
- Develop and drive deployment of production ready code using CI/CD
- Writing code for serviceability
- Take full responsibility for the availability and performance of your team’s services.
- 5+ years of software development experience with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Expert at problem solving, algorithms, and data structures.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web services in Java with detailed understanding of J2EE internals.
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating solutions based on a microservice architecture
- Experience in developing and implementing highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems
- Experience working with mature development practices and tools for source control, security, and deployment.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Databases, Linux OS, and Authentication/Authorization
- Experience with Cloud platforms and Public Cloud Providers
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed through mentoring and leading by example.
- Self-starter, and Self-motivated, able to learn and work autonomously.
- Able to convert technical requirements into business value.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Job Family: Engineering Software-Engineer Cloud-BU
Job ID: R082093
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Seattle Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.