Senior Software Engineer – Isilon Data Services – ValidationSeattle, Washington 08/28/2018
The Isilon Storage Division of DELL-EMC is in the business of transforming the way data is stored. At the forefront of the big data movement, our highly parallelized, distributed architecture has completely redefined the storage model. Our goal is to package game changing technology, un-paralleled scalability, and record breaking performance into a product that is utterly simple to manage and continuously delights our customers.
Dell EMC- Unstructured Storage Division is one of the fastest growing divisions in EMC. Our product portfolio includes EMC Isilon Storage systems, OneFS File System software. At Isilon, you’ll be part of an engineering team where quality is an integral part of the development process from the start. We’re looking for software developers to join a team of highly skilled and adaptable engineers embedded in multiple feature campaigns to plan, oversee and execute on quality engineering. Our Validation engineers develop software to validate functionality, scalability, reliability, and other customer-focused system-level quality pillars, relying heavily on Python and open source tools & infrastructure. Along the way, they regularly crush complexity in collaboration with multiple teams.
Our engineers love troubleshooting hard-to-reach failures or simulating intricate customer scenarios involving high concurrency and scale in and around file systems. In the midst of all that fun, we are each always working to raise our engineering velocity and agility. We continually invest to get leaner in our build validation pipeline, and to enable more streamlined and continuous integration in our product cycle. We are a true systems software house and work at every layer of the storage stack, including all aspects of operating systems and file systems, distributed algorithms, high performance protocol stacks, and next-generation virtualization technology.
- Code in a variety of languages, primarily Python
- Design, implement, and maintain automation that proves and improves product quality
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- 3+ years of software testing or development experience
- Strong Python and/or C programming skills
- Ability and comfort in performing troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Top-down and lateral problem solving skills
- Being always focused on, and obsessed with Customer satisfaction and delight.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Extensive understanding of multithreaded, asynchronous, kernel-mode, distributed systems programming concepts
- Hands-on experience testing or developing for FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX operating systems
- Experience working on and shipping a storage product
- Kernel testing or development experience
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Engineering-Development Graduates Job ID: R46834
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Analyst. Enterprise Technical Service Washington
- Advisor. Enterprise Technical Service Washington
- Supply Chain Analyst - Everett WA Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.