Senior Software Engineer - Isilon Unstructured StorageSeattle, Washington 06/14/2018
The Senior Software Engineer will design, develop, and maintain control systems for large distributed systems. Write code to enforce resource limits of many different resources such as disk I/O, memory, CPU, or networking in a clustered environment (~500 node, ~10,000 drive) and with low overhead. Create stable systems that balance fair execution with low overhead. Interpose controls in the system kernel and in many userspace services. Coordinate with other component developers to generate easy-to-use interfaces that minimize the complexity of interacting with the control systems. Coordinate with other developers to expose the system to end users in an obvious and simple way. Model end-user applications and benchmark solutions. Develop measurement methodologies to compare solutions and their trade-offs.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr. Software Engineer on our Unstructured Data team in Seattle.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Enterprise class software development in a team context using modern software development practices.
- Experience in Python, C and C++ programming, in a Unix environment
- High concurrency, high performance programming experience.
- Experience with various forms of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Communication and Collaboration skills, including technical presentations and writing design documents.
- Performance Analysis experience.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or appropriate industry experience
- Experience with distributed systems and consensus protocols
- Experience with large scale systems monitoring and management
- Unix Kernel programming experience, especially FreeBSD
- Familiarity with common network file system protocols NFS and SMB
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Job Family: Engineering-Development Graduates Job ID: R46886
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Analyst. Enterprise Technical Service Washington
- Advisor. Enterprise Technical Service Washington
- Supply Chain Analyst - Everett WA Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.