Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Platform Team (Austin, TX)
Primary Location: Austin
Remote - California, United States (All Other); Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Remote - Washington, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States
Site Reliability Engineer
Austin, TX or US, Remote
Dell Technologies has had a 35-year history and track record of delivering ground-breaking products, solutions and services to help millions of customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! As we define our mission for the next 35 years – the opportunities to reshape the cloud are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled commitment to customer success and focus on innovation. We are making huge bets and fast progress to bring clouds to our customers – wherever they may be!
If want to join the ‘ground-floor’ of a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to lead a generational transformation for ourselves, and our customers – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
As the Senior Software Developer in a Site Reliability Engineering role, you will be a part of a team that will design, develop and deliver a microservices based cloud software solution on a service-mesh using modern orchestration technologies.
You will be accountable for the following:
Cloud Platform Development
- Be a key contributor on an Agile development team, collaboratively realizing business value through iterative software development life-cycle.
- Design, automate, test, and monitor the use of cloud native technologies as a foundation for a service platform.
- Investigate and resolve customer and operational issues with the mentality of fixing and not just mitigating issues.
- Automate the practice of keeping third party and open source cloud native technologies up to date, secure, and performant.
- Employ advanced monitoring practices and technologies to detect and automatically resolve platform issues before they impact the customer’s experience.
- Participate in architecture reviews.
- Participate in operations reviews.
- Identify and automate measurement of operations KPIs.
- DevOps rollout and implementation
- Automated the deployment of production ready technical solutions.
- Writing automation that can be easily supported and extended by others.
- Take full responsibility for the availability and performance of the platform.
- 3+ years of software development experience with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Expert problem solving skills
- Strong scripting skills – python/bash
- Experience in Configuration mgmt tools such as Ansible
- Knowledge of Virtualization in general
- Practical job experience working with containers, microservices and orchestration layers such as kubernetes, mesos etc
- Passionate about investigating, employing, and managing 3rd party and open source solutions when building a cloud native platform.
- Experience operating solutions based on a microservice architecture
- Experience in integrating and automating solutions to provide a highly scalable, high throughput platform.
- Experience working with mature development practices and tools for source control, security, and deployment.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Databases, Linux OS, and Authentication/Authorization
- Experience with Cloud platforms and Public Cloud providers
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed through mentoring and leading by example.
- Self-starter, and Self-motivated, able to learn and work autonomously.
- Able to convert technical requirements into business value.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.