Sr. DevOps Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Seattle,Washington
VMware Horizon Cloud delivers virtual Desktops and Applications as a Service to enterprises.
More information at: https://www.vmware.com/products/horizon-cloud-virtual-desktops.html
As a DevOps engineer, you will be a key member of the desktop cloud team at VMware responsible for leading the overall cloud Infrastructure for the Horizon Cloud service. You will work cross functionally with SRE, architecture, core development, QE, and product management to ensure alignment, awareness, and consistency throughout the organization. The role requires familiarity with current DevOps practices including CI/CD, automation, infrastructure orchestration, and cloud service delivery.
You have a background in software development with a strong operational discipline particularly in compliance and security. You are a highly motivated individual who is willing to pursue meaningful initiatives and is capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
- Design, build, and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools to deliver the Horizon Cloud Service
- Design and Develop test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance, operability, and security in mind
Requirements and preferred skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby etc.
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD processes for enterprise SaaS and on-prem applications using tools like Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Expertise in Linux System Admin and Bash Scripting
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Fabric, Puppet or SaltStack
- Hands-on experience in building and administering VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes.
- Experience in crafting and maintaining cloud based solutions with Azure
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring technologies such as Nagios, Log Insight and Datadog
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Site Reliability
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101678