To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Technical Staff: Cloud Architect (REMOTE)
Primary Location: Seattle, Washington
Additional Location(s): Seattle, Washington
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every employee, every day. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell Technologies Cloud Engineering (DTCE) is redefining the way businesses all over the world realize their cloud strategy. The opportunities to reshape the cloud are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled commitment to customer success and focus on innovation. Cloud is not a destination, but instead an operating and consumption model. It is about paying only for what you need when you need it. It is about easily adopting and managing at the software and not infrastructure level. It is reducing time to market by streamlining the provisioning of capacity and functionality. DTCE is simplifying the hybrid cloud (private plus public) experience. If want to join the ‘ground-floor’ of a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to lead a generational movement for ourselves and our customers – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
The Cloud Architect will be responsible for the following:
Cloud Platform Architecture and Design
- Research, validate and architect the cloud control plane using a micro-services based architecture creating architecture designs for the product
- Collaborating with product management and business users.
- Use object-oriented design principles to design the Java spring based micro-services and deliver design documentation
Cloud Platform Development
- Be a technical leader and lead an Agile team to deliver the software solution (and participating with hands-on development)
- Investigate and resolve complex customer issues with solutions and provide support for issues and enhancements
- Responsible for code quality
Cloud Thought Leadership
- Provide thought leadership in cloud technologies for the Dell Technologies Cloud Engineering team.
- Mentor other Dell Cloud developers
- Participate in design collaboration, code reviews
- Develop patents and publications
- At least 15 years of experience architecting and developing applications in the cloud using cloud native technologies preferably in AWS, GCP, Azure or private cloud.
- 5 or more years of experience designing and developing micro-services with Java, Spring Framework using object oriented design principles.
- Knowledge of Java and J2EE internals like Class Loading, Memory management, multi-threading and transaction management.
- Experience implementing algorithms for load balancing, consistent hashing, indexing, redundancy, data partitioning etc.
- In depth knowledge of design patterns specifically for distributed computing
- Experience building backend REST based APIs to expose and consume services.
- Experience building high performance systems with scalability, availability, fault-tolerance, monitoring and serviceability
- Knowledge of virtualization, containers, service-mesh and enterprise service bus
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code Experience working with SQL and NoSQL database management systems
- Experience working with at least one CI/CD platform
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job ID: R064777