Sr. Solution Architect - Telco Ecosystem - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: KOR
Partner Architect, Telco Partnerships & Alliances, VMware Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Why work for our Division?
Communication Service Providers (CSPs) (‘Telcos/Cable Companies’) are looking to adopt virtualization and cloud technologies to transform the delivery of core network services and become providers of rich 5G and IoT services. With a proven track record in virtualization and cloud technologies and services, honed over 20 years of delivering best in class solutions to the Enterprise sector, VMware is ideally placed to be a leading vendor in Telco Cloud solutions for digital transformation and already commands a leading market share in this market segment.
The VMware Telco and Edge Cloud (TEC) Business Unit develops platforms and solutions for Telco’s wide area network environments from core to edge. We leverage core VMware products wherever possible, and work through our Telco and field sales teams and strategic partners to reach customers world-wide. Through our Telco Cloud Platform, we help VMware and our customers stay at the forefront of innovation in telecommunications networks.
The Telco Partner Architect is responsible for overseeing the joint technical strategy primarily with Samsung and other existing and high propensity future partners who align to and accelerate VMware’s Telco and Edge Cloud vision. The position requires this individual to build, lead and manage all aspects of technical initiatives representing VMware’s TEC business unit primarily with Samsung, and alternatively with other selected partners, to accelerate the deployment of VMware’s solutions into the Carrier Service Provider market. This individual will work closely with VMware’s TEC BU resources, our TEC field account teams, and cross functionally across the broader VMware BUs. The qualified individual will be required to build and foster strong working relationships across product management & engineering teams with Samsung, to drive joint integrated solutions and testing between VMware’s offerings and Samsung's Portfolio from Core to Edge, and RAN/vRAN.
- Be a senior contributor and a technical thought leader responsible for overseeing the joint technical initiatives between VMware and telco partners including network equipment providers, telco independent software vendors, and global systems integrators and web scalers.
- Responsible for project, including architecture definition, project objective including weekly call to ensure the project is on track, bring to resolution any blocker, drive the development of solution collateral and enablement material and identify new customers/business opportunity with partner.
- Promote the value of partnering with VMware to our Telco partner ecosystem, identifying areas of collaboration which provides a differentiated value and benefit to the partners of working with VMware’s Telco Cloud platform, programs and services.
- Develop and foster a trusted relationship with the partner at all levels of the organization. Maintain visibility and access to partner product organization and structure.
- Manage executive communications across VMware and Partner organizations.
- Interface to the VMware field team and the partner (what solution is needed from which partner, navigate and influence with partner field team to benefit VMware field teams).
- Maintain a current understanding of the CSP market and its dynamics; client needs within it; partner product and solution focus; partner solution strengths and competitive concerns/overlaps, and direction within marketplace
- Lead contact to partner for escalation, technical blockers during network function validation, ensure timely partner product support on VMware Telco cloud platform, roadmap updates exchange
- Organize and lead a cadence of technology roadmap sharing with strategic partners to ensure alignment of the latest products evolution alignment with partners products/solutions.
- Participate in all VMware and partner conferences in an effort to drive awareness and collaboration on joint partner global GTM solutions activities
- Work with TEC partner marketing resource(s) to drive market messaging and awareness of VMware solutions with the Partner to internal and external audiences
- Promote partner solutions and GTM value add across VMware’s BU and Field sellers focused on the CSP market
- 10+ years of experience designing / implementing highly scalable cloud and telco technology solutions.
- Experience working with Samsung Networks
- Strong, comprehensive familiarity with virtualization, Telco solutions including 5G core, 5G RAN, IMS etc.
- Experience participating in all aspects of large-scale distributed systems architecture projects including ideation, identification, planning and cost estimation through requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and production.
- Experience building and managing technology partnerships and defining meaningful GTM and Solution offerings.
- Strong understanding of how to build and establish strategic partnership in complex and competitive product environments
- The candidate should be an accomplished presenter of sales and solution material to both small and large groups. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and possess excellent time management skills.
- Understanding of technical decision makers and their evaluation process in the cloud and telco markets, and what it takes to persuade and drive them toward virtualization and VMware technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science.
- VMware product and technology experience preferred.
- Negotiation and influencing without alienating partnership and relationships.
- Ability to develop technical documentation/solution materials & whitepapers
- Strong presentation skills to deliver technical content
- Strong knowledge of Strategic Alliances, building technology partnerships, developing and executing GTM plans with partners.
- Understanding of various Sell-With or Sell-Through Partner strategies.
- Strong understanding of market trends in Telecommunications, 5G/IOT, public/private clouds and edge cloud concepts.
- Program Management and/or Consulting experience desired.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2017201