Core Electrical Design Engineer Intern
The reputation of Dell Technologies for delivering award-winning hardware is legendary and our Hardware Engineering team is at the heart of it. We design and develop analogue as well as digital hardware products – not just computer or network hardware devices but peripherals too. Recognized for our high level of technical expertise in a variety of engineering disciplines, we’re involved across the development lifecycle – from research to the building, testing and delivery of completed products. Innovators in our field, we lead the way in exploring new concepts, approaches, processes, materials and components.
Join us as a Core Electrical Design Engineer Intern on our Hardware Engineering team in Shanghai to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Core Electrical Design Engineer Intern, you will work under general supervision and within established practices, to support power system design for Server/Storage and related products in Shanghai Core Electrical Design Engineering organization.
- Power system design engineer participates in all kinds of power system designs, including but not limited to on-board level DC/DC design, power management IC design, Li-ion battery back-up product design and power system architecture design
- Power system design engineer dominates the power solutions required for the product: Hardware circuitry and firmware design concept, propose appropriate design recommendation and test result reviews throughout the product lifecycle.
- Power system design engineer participates in defining and being accountable for metrics on function vs. cost, schedule, reliability, efficiency, and performance for products developed, and be involved with program management in the planning and tracking of resources and schedules.
- Power system design engineer oversees the development tasks required to implement the design, interfacing with all other members of the project team, system development engineers, mechanical, thermal and CAD design engineers, product test and manufacturing organizations, in a global business environment.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Graduate after 2023.6 and Major in Power Electronics is desired
- Solid knowledge background: familiar with all power topologies, magnetic design, control loop stability; good understanding of analog circuit; general knowledge of EMI, thermal, safety and component.
- Effective communication skills, including good command of the English language in spoken and written form, are a key requirement for the position.
- Good trouble shooting capability and analytical ability.
- Fast learner.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 31/12/2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.