Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer
Primary Location: Shanghai, China
Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
Join us as a Senior Principal Systems Engineer on our System Engineering team in Shanghai to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer in OEM Product Group, you will scope, design and validate the customized products for customers and deep dive the technologies to build the technology ecosystem for the future. With the business growth and new opportunities, OEM China engineer team is looking for the talents to join us and you will be a critical part to ensure our solution successfully adopted by our customers. We like the candidates with server or client hardware or software development experiences. Customer facing experience is preferred.
- Engage with the sales team and the core team to capture the customer requirements and drive the unique solution implementation execution. Provide the professional engineer assessment or evaluation to the customer or sales requests.
- Collaborate closely with the global engineer team to develop the unique solutions to meet the customer requirements. Ensure the function and quality of the customized server or client configurations. Partnering closely with global operation engineer team to enable the factory pilot and build on the unique configurations.
- Drive the issue investigation and bug fixes. Engage with the various vendors to integrate their products flawlessly in our offerings.
- Proactively study and prepare the new technology enablement on Dell platforms. Lead the engineer process improvement.
- Proof of Concept development and performance benchmarking.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Deep understanding of the server or client architecture and design details.
- Comfortable speaking and interacting directly with customers and vendors. Customer facing experience.
- Self-motivated and strong belief in our value to the customers. Love to collaborate and succeed as a team. Capability to influence others to achieve results
- Good communication skills and fluent English in oral, read and write.
- Strong ability in organizing and managing multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines. Strong research and problem-solving ability.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferred in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science major. 10+ years experience.
- Good understanding of the BIOS, BMC and server or client management.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 June 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R099320