Senior Software Engineer
- Shanghai, China
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a [Senior Software Engineer] on our [Software Engineering] team in [Shanghai].
What you will achieve
As a senior software engineer, you will join a high performing team to make ‘big” things work. We are building cutting edge hybrid/multi cloud products and solutions that will transform people’s daily lives. The Shanghai team, part of global team, is working on the Elastic Cloud Storage/ObjectScale project, which named as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage(2016-2020). This is our stake in the hybrid/multi cloud and software-defined object storage. If working at the core of essential project for the future of big data industry is something that interests you, then this is the opportunity for you.
- As a member of Elastic Cloud Storage/ObjectScale engineering team, you are expected to be responsible for design, development, and maintenance of high-quality code
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews, be able to write functional specifications, provide white papers that appropriately describe advanced technology, and initialize and develop test plans.
- Have rich experiences in Linux system programming and must be familiar with distributed/cloud storage system
- Demonstrate flexibility, strong self-motivation, and a proven record of meeting deadlines. Given our global presence, the ability to work as part of a cross functional team spanning multiple geographical locations is paradigm.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here is what we are looking for this role:
- 3-5 years plus working experience on software development
- 2+ years of experience with Linux/Unix system development
- Good at software design skills and algorithm
- Proficient program skill in C++ or Java
- Good English communication in paper and oral
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience working on file system, storage system, distributed system is a plus
Here is our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Closing date: 31 J 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment plans at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job Family: Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R098308
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Shanghai Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.