Software Senior Engineer-Data ManagementShanghai, China 09/12/2018
If you are passionate about data-management and working in an ambitious and highly strategic product areas then please apply for this position. The Isilon data management team is working on cutting-edge technologies to build the next generation replication, archive, and cloud storage features for the Isilon OneFS storage cluster.
The EMC Isilon Storage Division is in the business of transforming the way data is stored. At the forefront of the big data movement, our highly parallelized, distributed architecture has completely redefined the storage model. We enable our thousands of customers to work at a scale that wasn't previously possible by shipping a true clustered file system that can be expanded from a few dozen terabytes up to many petabytes. Our goal is to package game changing technology, un-paralleled scalability, and record-breaking performance into a product that is utterly simple to manage and continuously delights our customers.
Isilon culture combines a startup development environment with Dell EMC’s stability and clout. Software engineers at Isilon constantly push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of Big Data storage and distributed systems. We are a true systems company and work at every layer of the storage stack, including all aspects of operating systems and file systems, distributed algorithms, high performance protocol stacks, and next-generation virtualization technology.
* Code in a variety of languages, primarily C, C++
* Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
* Execute on the Data Management roadmap, enhancing functionality that move data efficiently.
For Data Protection: Using NDMP to archive data to tape
For Replication: Between clusters for disaster recovery
For Tiering: Using public and private cloud
* Ensure replication, cloud tiering, and NDMP works seamlessly with each other.
* 3+ years of software development experience
* Exceptional C/C++ multithreaded programming skills
* Exceptional understanding of data structures and algorithms
* Ability to work successfully as part of a team
* Experience with distributed systems
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix system
* Ability to quickly learn new technology and new products
* Good written and verbal communication skills in English
* BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
* Extensive understanding of multithreaded, asynchronous, kernel-mode programming concepts
* Hands-on experience developing for FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX operating systems
* Experience working on and shipping a storage product is a big PLUS!
* Experience working on public/private/hybrid cloud
Related Job Opportunities
- Dell Finance Development Program Multiple Locations
- Software Senior Engineer Shanghai, China
- Sr Analyst, Ent Tech Services Shanghai, China
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.