Software Senior EngineerShanghai, China 07/06/2018
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our System Services Engineering Team!
Isilon Systems, a division of Dell EMC, is the leader in scale-out storage systems and is transforming the way data is stored. At the forefront of the Big Data movement, our highly parallelized, distributed architecture has completely redefined the storage model. Isilon’s OneFS clustered storage and data management solutions enables enterprises and research organizations world-wide to manage massive and rapidly growing amounts of file/block based data in a highly-scalable, easy-to-manage, and cost effective way.
The System Services team is responsible for implementing services for management of the cluster and infrastructure for supportability of the cluster by the customer, support engineers, and internal components. These services include business critical support for upgrading, determining customer usage, cluster health, and secure support and recovery.
In this role, you’ll help design and implement the next generation of software to keep those business critical services at the state of the art and customer-friendly in a multi-threaded, distributed environment. You’ll also work with teams across Engineering to provide training and investigate issues with the cluster infrastructure.
Applicants need an interest in distributed, scalable systems, and should be fearless in frequently transitioning between programming (C) and scripting (Python) languages. Applicants also need to be self-motivated and embrace a culture of technical excellence and high-quality execution.
- At least 3 years of industry experience developing production quality code for products or services
- Experience in developing network server software, storage systems or I/O sub-systems in a multi-threaded, distributed environment
- Exceptional C/C++ programming skills
- Excellent software architecture, design, implementation, test, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Client/server network services using POSIX/Windows sockets
- Familiarity with the FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX operating systems
- Experience in implementing and optimizing massively scalable algorithms is a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering-Development Graduates Job ID: R51991
Related Job Opportunities
- Dell Finance Development Program Multiple Locations
- Software Senior Engineer Shanghai, China
- Sr Analyst, Ent Tech Services Shanghai, China
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.