Advisor, Material PlanningSingapore, Singapore 02/26/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Material Planning Advisor in Singapore.
When you’re working in the fast-moving world of technology, product availability is critical – which makes the availability of raw materials for production critical too. Our Material Planning team provides a controlled flow of materials to meet production requirements. We produce detailed schedules, adapting them if necessary to meet backlogs or material shortages, as well as material requirement lists and production plans that balance the demand and supply position of platforms and commodities to optimize product availability and cost. We’re experts at resolving problems with inventory, production schedules or material shortages and recommending procedures to avoid future problems.
- Provides segments with the Forecast Assumptions package that must contain the product roadmaps, RTS dates, EOML dates, cost, price, form, feature, and function and market share.
- Analyzes supply-demand relationship to determine appropriate lead-time. Understands price and lead-time elasticity of products, and incorporates this into lead-time management and forecast.
- Works with product launch teams to ensure that products are successfully introduced into the marketplace and that products launch with accurate forecast and supply.
- Understands product demand requirements for assigned products to ensure appropriate level of supply.
- Aligns forecast assumptions with segment forecasters.
- Translates customer and financial requirements to actionable forecasts for Operations and Procurement.
- Assesses supply supportability position for commodities and identifies mitigation alternatives for COS issues.
- Analyzes data and provides recommendations to team and leadership within the function.
- Governs demand consumption rates and provides early warning and mitigation options to supply issues.
- Maintains Continuity of Supply (COS) for assigned products to maintain standard lead times
- Works supply imbalances, both excesses and shortages, with the supply chain to correct as quickly and cost effectively as possible
- Establishes demand shaping programs with segments during times of supply imbalances or when required to meet a shift in the regional marketing or financial plans
- Undergraduate degree in business or in engineering with at least 2 years of relevant (supply chain) experience
- MBA, preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can offer expert knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Materials-&-Procurement Job ID: R94685
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior/Advisor, Global Supply Management Singapore, Singapore
- Senior Advisor/Consultant, Global Commodity Management Singapore, Singapore
- Procurement Director Singapore, Singapore
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.