Azure VMware Solution Sales Specialist
Primary Location: ,Singapore
Cloud Sales Specialist, Azure VMware Solution
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The VMWare Cloud Services team is a key growth engine within VMWare and as such we are seeking talented people to join us and bring their cloud selling skills.
We thrive on building great relationships; truly understanding our customers and building value as we help customers achieve great outcomes. We are passionate about our customers and our team. We're also passionate about culture, diversity, and flexibility because we know this drives high-performing teams who achieve outstanding results.
The right knowledge and attitude will drive great success in this role. Are you deeply experienced in helping customers move to the cloud? Are you passionate about phenomenal customer outcomes? Are you curious to find innovative ways to drive outcomes? Are you authentic, hard-working, and transparent? Are you tenacious and determined?
This is a senior sales specialist role. You will need to be an excellent teammate as you collaborate cross-functionally with VMware's Core Sales and Partner organisations to handle engagements with new and existing customers. Whilst this role is an individual contributor role you need to be highly capable in working in partnership with Microsoft, leading and orchestrating VMWare people to drive first class customer-focused outcomes. You need to be resilient and someone who can thrive in fast moving and dynamic environments.
You will need to have a strong track record of building a strong pipeline, orchestrating resources across the business to achieve customer outcomes, and you need to have extensive experience in deal closure and driving win/win customer outcomes.
We will benefit from your deep knowledge of the cloud marketplace, Software-as-a-Service, and customer IT environments. Knowledge of VMware’s ecosystem and solution portfolio will be important for success in the role, and equally a hunger for ongoing learning is of key importance. As one of our focus cloud solutions, Azure VMware Solution (AVS) is sold partnership with Microsoft.
You will be responsible for building a strong territory in your assigned geography and achieving a revenue quota target, managing the sales forecasting process, and building a brand around our solutions within your territory. This position will be an overlay cloud sales specialist position that will need to coordinate and work closely with VMware’s core Field and Partner organizations to achieve success and lead interactions with our existing customers. Deep knowledge of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem will all be essential for success in the role. Prior Azure experience working with or for Microsoft is desirable.
- Accountable for achieving VMware’s bookings and revenue consumption targets for Azure VMware Solution in APJ in your assigned territory
- Demonstrate a robust weekly sales cadence and forecast discipline including a well-maintained sales pipeline and territory plans to reach your goals
- Identify and nurture high propensity customers including major logo acquisition
- Drive increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR)
- Collaborate and build tight-knit relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers
- Consultative sales experience especially around the adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space and experience with cloud economics / TCO principals
- Qualification for all the leads and sales opportunities for Cloud Services within your territory
- Demonstrate high trust and credibility and maintain and expect high standards for self and team
- Work closely with the Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and are on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals
- We are interested in individuals who embody and can demonstrate our EPIC2 values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community
- A curious, resilient, and passionate individual. You will bring a positive energy to the team and your territory
- A seasoned sales professional within the cloud marketplace
- Deep knowledge and understanding of cloud consumption models and solutions
- Able to work across multi-function/matrix organisation to achieve desired results
- An outstanding “team” mindset. We work and win as one team
- You love to tell a story! Articulating our capabilities and value in a customer’s own language
- Experience with new product introductions and emerging technologies / start up mindset
- Ability to build a balanced sales cadence to develop a robust territory while in parallel progressing larger strategic opportunities
- Ability to create and foster great customer relationships
- Experience in contract negotiations and complex problem solving
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101118