Cloud Solutions Architect – Azure VMware Solutions (AVS)
Primary Location: ,Singapore
A Cloud Solutions Architect on the AVS Team is responsible for bringing Azure VMware Solutions to market. The position will be responsible for driving and improving tools and processes with Strategy and Planning. Deep knowledge of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem will all be critical for success in the role. The VMware Cloud Solutions Architect (SA) works autonomously and as part of a dynamic and specialized sales team that is responsible for engaging with clients to understand their business challenges and IT priorities in an effort to design customized VMware Cloud Solutions, that meets their needs. We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology - someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative ambitious mentality with a ‘can do’ attitude. Someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. This is a highly visible role, at the forefront of VMware’s strategy, working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
As a VMware Cloud Solutions Architect (SA), you will be crafting a solution that may include activities such as running strategy & discovery workshop, conducting client interviews, conducting secondary research and soliciting guidance from VMware Account Team. This team works with product specialists, product managers, public cloud partners, and other stakeholders in the design and validation of offerings and alignment for a customer’s cloud architecture. Our primary responsibility is to work with customers, however, there will be a strong linkage to VMware’s Cloud partner ecosystem in order to design & prove out transformational strategies spanning private, hybrid or public cloud architectures. We are expected to contribute to those strategies, develop reusable domain IP, and mentor internal & external partners on the use of the tools & technologies. As a Cloud Solutions Architect (SA) you should have excellent listening and discovery skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize and articulate the proposed solution. With a clear and agreed-upon client vision, you will be responsible for crafting the solution to realize the customer's vision during the sales process and retain client ownership through to implementation. A mix of technical skills, business insight, and a passion to lead and support the customer is required. You will take the role of a lead technologist and should have a deep understanding of technology, industry architectures, and vertical market use cases. You will have domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures including compute, network, and storage as well as cloud management areas such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and development. Deep knowledge of next-generation application & cloud platforms including but not limited to: Cloud Native, Amazon Web Services, IBM Softlayer, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. is a huge plus.
- Participate in and drive elements of the pre-sales process to understand customer business, technical objectives, and product requirements for Azure VMware Solutions.
- Collaborate with the Cloud Platform Business Unit to provide real-time feedback and trends to help drive accurate roadmaps based on customer needs and objectives.
- Build robust cloud solutions to meet business & technical objectives.
- You will present VMware’s holistic cloud strategy and integrated vision across private, hybrid and public offerings.
- Ability to develop Vision, Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions.
- Ability to think past the products and craft solutions to meet the business/IT needs
- You will establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical leaders within customers and become trusted advocates of VMware’s cloud strategy
- Lead technical validation of the VMware Cloud Solutions against business/IT needs
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers and VMware cloud partners to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on VMware’s cloud platform.
- You will work within a team to drive account planning with the customer vision, use case and outcomes
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
- You will participate in regional marketing events to promote VMware’s cloud strategy
- Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
- You will provide feedback to Product Management based on customer feedback
- Hands on experience with VMW HCI including vSphere/vSAN/NSX (or competitive technologies)
- Experience with Cloud Automation technologies and SaaS delivery models
- Experience with Cloud Native Applications and public cloud services including Azure/AWS/GCP
- Prior pre-sales or customer facing experience preferred
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101045