Data ScientistSingapore, Singapore 04/17/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Customer Experience Consultant on our Chief Customer Office team in Singapore
The Chief Customer Office (CCO) organization is a global team focused solely onadvocating for our customers. Our team is the catalyst for creating aconsistent and positive customer experienceacross our family of businesses that will differentiate Dell andadd value to the customer relationship through greater trust, loyalty and engagement.
Within the CCO at Dell, we are looking for aData Scientistto join ourCCO Data Scienceteam. In this role you’ll gain great visibility and collaborate with a number of key leaders delivering valued customer experience programs. You’ll partner with functional areas of the business to address the key engagement and operational needs required to support transformational opportunities that leverage the full Dell Technologies portfolio for our customers.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Provide data science services and work with stakeholders to assess demands and suggest data science methods that provide practical, value-added answers for the company.
- Comfortable with or are highly motivated to learn and apply database tools and statistical predictive models by analyzing large datasets with a variety of tools (R, Python, SQL, Microstrategy, Microsoft PowerBI and Tableau)
- Perform the full life-cycle of data analytics activities, including conceptualization, visualization and operationalization
- Develop and deliver data science solutions to further advance Dell’s competitiveness in the areas of global supply chain and operations
- Passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets and have a strong desire to create strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you.
- Deep dive into data to find answers to yet unknown questions and have a natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem.
- Ask relevant questions and possess the skills to build algorithms necessary to find meaningful answers.
- Possess ability to think strategically about how to use data to drive competitive advantages.
- Creatively visualize and effectively communicate data findings and insights in a variety of formats.
The position offers
- Opportunity to drive cutting-edge strategies and digital solutions for one of the industry’s most respected supply chain
- Access and interaction with executive leadership team at a Fortune 50 company
- Opportunity to work with a highly motivated team that invests in your development
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans and a great benefit package
- Exciting internal career opportunities to different roles
- Bachelor or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or Data Sciences (or equivalent experience)
- Advanced knowledge of statistics utilizing statistical programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-means, k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, HMM, Neural nets, Deep learning etc
- Experienced in working with unstructured data
- Experienced with working on Customer Experience or relevant customer data
- Experienced in data management and building packages
- Experience with measuring and maintaining data quality
- Proficient in SQL
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Job Function: Business Support
Related Job Opportunities
- Data Scientist Singapore, Singapore
- Data Scientist Singapore, Singapore
- Senior Analyst, Project/Program Management Singapore, Singapore