Digital Cities – Solution Architect ConsultantSingapore, Singapore 05/21/2019
Digital Cities - Solution Architect
Role (Based in Singapore serving Singapore, South Asia, and Emerging Markets)
Leads the Digital Cities solution architecture/platform development roadmap for Dell Technologies in South Asia and Emerging Markets. Translates the understanding of the government and market requirements into product/platform features and drives collaboration across the internal business units and strategically aligned business units to build a highly differentiated and a competitive Digital Cities solution offering. Ability to clearly communicate with customers leveraging Dell Technologies’ existing capabilities and infrastructure to drive efficiency into the solution development. Responsible for design and development of the technical material and collateral (e.g white papers, product sheets) as well as the customer Proof of Concept and Pilot Projects.
- Digital Cities platform development/services effort in Singapore, South Asia, and EM, including, building an in-depth knowledge of clients' business objectives that can be translated into Digital City opportunities.
- Clearly understand clients’ business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be articulated into Dell Technologies Digital Cities’ opportunities and solution designs.
- Stay abreast of status/details for each digital smart city campaign
- Engage with the related to Digital Cities Business teams & Go To Market teams to gather market and competitive intelligence. Working with Dell EMC Solution Centers to provide product and technical program support.
- Work in synergy with remote and local program management/project offices
- Drive business development and pre-sales initiatives by leveraging both industry and technical background.
- Engage with the key ecosystem partners (SI’s, ISVs, OEM’s) on the solution/architecture development
- For large/key opportunities, provide solution and Pilot architecture support as an SME.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills in both English, an excellent listener with strong interpretation skills. Vietnamese and Thai technical business level language skills are useful but not mandatory.
- Have the ability to work well in public sector culture, complex navigation of agency stakeholders and confident in meeting leaders of government to promote Dell Technologies Digital Cities
- Understands and describes the multiple use cases for smart cities ideally with knowledge of partners using OC, IOC, IOT technology and big data platforms for ingestion and analytics
- Proven high-level negotiation skills, and the ability to challenge the customer’s status quo; with the confidence and relevant business acumen, industry/technical knowledge and consultative skills to take a position and lead the directional discussions with the customer.
- Proven success as a solution architect, with strong demonstrated credentials across the digital cities architecture stack, specifically in the areas of Big Data & IoT
- Understands and can design Hadoop related integration services based on 5V model
- Understands Data Modeling and the creation of OLAP/OLAM services with related BI tools
- Familiar with common SQL and NoSQL databases including warehouse services
- Understands Message Broker technology, RESTfull API and Websockets
- Can discuss high availability solutions, disaster recovery architecture and risk management,
- Can describe and model, cloud services based on VMWARE, Microsoft and Openstack
- Can describe MDM, API, EDI and Service Bus technology to design into solutions
- Have insight to AI models, libraries, methods and how can be applied to Digital City use cases
- Be familiar with CCTV technology, infrastructure, software and management as relates to deploying safe cities
- Can build hybrid cloud models and configure MS Azure and AWS services
Certification and professional practice
- ITIL 7 Operations , TOGAF Enterprise Architecture and Cobit 5.0 Enterprise Compliance and Controls are considered valuable architecture skills
- Technical Certifications are considered valuable
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) , Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), VMWARE Certified Adv Professional
- Knowledge of ISO37120, BSI PAS 80 and related standards
- Understanding of application SDLC and agile based development methods
- Can code and script in one or more languages, examples include C++, Python, Java, Node.JS, GO, JS,
- A familiarity of IOT infrastructure, services and protocols, MQTT, CoAP, AMQP, JMS, LPWAN, IP4/6, NB-IOT, Cat 1-M, LTE, Websockets
- Interchange open formats XML, JSON, SQL, HTML
- Deep understanding if cybersecurity lifecycle and related solutions to counter threats from external and internal actors, may include firewall, IPS, DDOS, endpoint protection, log analytics, anti-virus and malware,
- Have a working and hands-on experience of sizing, designing and building server, network and storage infrastructure ( Dell EMC, HPE, Cisco)
- Strong business and technical acumen to build relationships and developing a consultative/solutions selling approach.
Related Job Opportunities
- Strategy Manager Singapore, Singapore
- Strategy Manager Singapore, Singapore
- Business Strategy Consultant for Experience-Based Innovation DellDesign Singapore, Singapore