Director - Advisory APJSingapore,Singapore 02/07/2020
APJ Director of Advisory
VMware Advisory, part of the Global Strategic Pursuits Practice, collaborates with our major customers to create transformation strategies and business cases. With former C-Level and industry consultants in our ranks, we're authorities on uncovering hidden barriers, finding opportunities and formulating meaningful IT transformation plans. The team exclusively engages Directors, Vice Presidents and C-Level executives in our most strategic Enterprise Customers to help them navigate the people, process and technology challenges of Digital Transformation.
The APJ Director of Advisory has the responsibility for the success of the Advisory business across Asia, Pacific and Japan. Reporting to the APJ VP of Enterprise, you’ll lead the team of Advisory Business Solutions Strategists across Asia, Pacific and Japan to ensure they are successful in helping our customers, whilst expanding the opportunity potential for VMware. This sought after role combines the art of leadership, business experience, and technology depth to maximise our effectiveness and success with customers. The role will require frequent engagement with internal Vice Presidents, General Managers, Business Leaders, and Professional Services. Whilst the role is focused on leading a team of motivated individuals, the role also requires you to be directly hands-on with customers, and spend a significant amount of time in the field.
Customer advisory and relationship building
- Foster business relationships with customer executives, both business and technical so that you can map VMware solutions to customer needs.
- Lead executive workshops on business and IT strategy and transformation, operational readiness and change management
- Passionate about new technologies and sharing how adoption of these new technologies can promote positive business transformation
- Promote the VMware vision, strategy and customer propositions at a broad range of industry events and conferences
Expertise and practice development
- Provide leadership and orchestrate resources to develop insights and standard methodologies on key topics, like industry/customer research, strategy, transformation, to financial analysis and bench-marking
- Spread the best processes among functions and teams; enhance strategic thought with customers
- Advise VMware account teams and the Advisory team on customer business issues and support account execution
- Inspire and lead by example
- More than 10 years’ experience in senior leadership roles
- Experience as an Advisory Leader and Advisory Consultant
- Build new engagement frameworks, collateral and go-to-market offerings
- Record of building customer relationships and ability to have meaningful conversations with C-Level audiences
- Present well in front of large and small audiences; ability to abstract and communicate on complex topics
- Previous leadership role related to one or several markets (i.e. public sector, financial services, telecommunications)
- 10 years’ previous direct hands-on technical experience in VMware and associated technologies (Engineer, Developer, Architect, Administrator, Operator)
- Experience with the financial, operational and technical challenges faced with running modern day IT operations at large corporations
- Knowledge in IT-Architectures on the infrastructure and software development side
- Flexibility to travel 40% of time, able to perform well in intense conditions
- Technical and business writing skills (white papers, outstanding responses and proposals)
- Languages: English at professional level (additional languages also desirable).
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire Datacentre to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined Datacentre to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Services Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Services-Management Job ID: R2001486