Director, Cloud Services - South East Asia & Korea
Primary Location: ,Singapore
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, for over 20 years VMware has delivered breakthrough innovation benefiting business and society. For more information please visit
At its best, VMware is an employer that embraces diversity in the workplace, where we are valued for the complete people that we are, where extraordinary progress is achieved for ourselves, our teams, our company, our customers, and our communities – and where even more progress is desired and expected. VMware is a powerful platform for all of who we are – individual, colleague, pioneer, citizen – a place where empowerment, accountability, and responsibility become the traits of ownership, and where each of us can own our future and achieve success through our own actions, on our terms.
Reporting to the VP, Cloud Asia Pacific & Japan, the Director, Cloud - SEAK owns responsibility for selling the entire VMware Cloud Portfolio to enterprise clients and to partners in South East Asia & Korea. The position is responsible for building and executing on the plan to achieve booking and revenue consumption targets, managing the sales forecasting process, and coaching the team of cloud business development and sales professionals to overachieve the assigned business objectives.
Within a matrixed management structure and in collaboration with the VMware APJ Cloud leadership team, the position has responsibility for working closely with VMware’s core Field and Partner organisations to manage interactions with our clients and partners to achieve success. Deep knowledge of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem will all be critical for success in the role.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the performance in SEAK for:
VMware Cloud, on AWS (VMConAWS): In partnership with Amazon Web Services, VMConAWS is a Cloud service that enables businesses to run applications across vSphere-based cloud environments with access to a broad range of AWS services. VMConAWS is a VMware owned service, operating on the AWS platform and data centers.
Azure VMware Cloud Solution (AVS): AVS is a Microsoft service, verified by VMware, that runs on Azure infrastructure. It enables businesses to run applications across vSphere-based cloud environments with access to a broad range of Azure services.
VMware Cloud Provider Program (VCPP): a software-as-service offering delivered within VMware’s global ecosystem of partners and hyperscalers. Offering solutions for companies that provide hosted services to third parties, including infrastructure as a service, cloud service providers, application service providers, internet service providers and platform as a service provider. VCPP has been in operation for more than 10 years with sustained double digit yty growth.
- Identify and engage with high propensity customers and partners.
- Responsible for the execution and operationalisation of the WW cloud sales strategy into the SEAK market.
- Accountable for achieving VMware’s bookings & revenue consumption targets for the VMware Cloud portfolio.
- Ability to evolve and develop the overall sales strategy and model for cloud services in the SEAK market.
- Coach and lead a team of sales specialists and channel personnel.
- Run a weekly forecasting cadence to provide visibility to VMware’s leadership of sales pipeline status and plan to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving targets.
- Be operationally excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers.
- Act as a business partner with corporate functions including: Customer Success, Finance, Deal Management, Legal, Sales Operations, Global Support Services, Renewals and Human Resources.
- 10+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, with enterprise software, partner hosted cloud services and cloud offerings in SEAK / APJ region.
- 5+ years of sales management experience.
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for themselves and their team.
- Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results.
- Consultative sales experience especially in client adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space.
- Strong knowledge of the hosting services and cloud services segment in the SEAK market.
- Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of hybrid cloud IT solutions.
- Experience moving a sales organization from a perpetual license model to a service/consumption-based model is highly desirable.
- Experience with new product introductions.
- Channel development and channel sales experience.
- Strategic thinker with a sales mentality, as well as analytical ability and a proven ability to execute strategy.
- Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2015818