Director, Multi-Cloud Partners, Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ)
Primary Location: ,Singapore
Director, Multi-Cloud & Services Partners, Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ)
Partners are becoming increasingly important in driving the deployment and consumption of VMware solutions. VMware is implementing several initiatives to identify service delivery capacity gaps, drive-up partner capabilities and competency, support their success with VMware solutions to accelerate solutions adoptions and consumption, building closer engagement with VMware services & sales teams.
This role is instrumental in leading a team across APJ, to scale customer success with a set of identified partners, through building and sustaining VMware practices. In this role, you will develop, execute, and maintain the GTM plan in APJ, maintaining a cadence for communication on the progress, execution and escalation of any issues to management and relevant partners. You will lead a team that has clear objectives to increase adoption of VMware Multi-Cloud, Application modernization, Digital Workspace, Networking and Security technology solutions, as well to accelerate their deployments and consumption by customers.
As part of the team, you will work with the regional partner and Cloud teams and the Worldwide Partner Organization to develop our partner strategy. You will be responsible for the recruitment, enablement, and activation of strategic partners as well as the development of a programmatic strategy to develop the cloud channel partner community and drive end-customer demand.
In addition, you will lead a team that will collaborate with partners with building their own portfolio of services offerings or solutions based on VMware technology and by leveraging existing VMware PSO portfolio of services offerings and its underlying Intellectual property, such as services kits. The team will be responsible to track and monitor customer deployments on VMware solutions that coincide with sales bookings and revenue growth.
The person in this role will sit on the leadership team of both the Partner Business & the Cloud Business Units in APJ. The role is based in Singapore.
- Build and execute partner GTM plan for multi-cloud and services in APJ
- Communicate value proposition in terms of partners’ and customers’ business needs to Partner Business & Cloud teams.
- Analyze consumption, deployments, bookings, pipeline, partner reach and yield for trends that inform execution plan in GEO.
- Work closely with Worldwide Partner Organization & Cloud BU to execute global partner priorities in APJ. This includes with VMware’s cloud hyperscaler partners and their partner communities.
- Activate partners with a programmatic approach to enablement, accreditation acceleration, certifications, driving consumption, deployment tracking, pipeline creation, and bookings with associated metrics.
- Collaborate with the partner organization to support strong knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services offerings, and processes based on customers’ requirements.
- Influence targeted to- and through-partner marketing strategies.
- Ensure consistency of execution in APJ, leveraging and sharing best practices worldwide.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Min 15 years in technology, partners/channels, and sales.
- Min 5 years of Cloud experience with significant depth around crafting, implementing, and leading critical multi-functional integration projects and working with cloud hyper-scalers.
- Excellent understanding of IT Software (software business models, including perpetual and subscription) and Cloud environment, and strong knowledge of VMware technology and solutions as well as Hyperscalers Cloud providers (Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba…)
- Demonstrated experience in evangelizing new product and solution technologies at or before market introduction
- Ability to provide guidance on solution competencies and organizational requirements to develop a cloud practice to deliver professional services solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide impactful knowledge exchange through mentoring, workshops, partner engagements and official training forums
- Possess community leadership in capturing, developing, and sharing IP with the community at large as well as specific individuals to raise competencies
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced analytical skills and qualities
- Experience and deep understanding of industry capabilities and trends within area of focus
- Consistent track record of selling solutions including consulting services
- Experience working in an APJ regional capacity working across the diverse APJ environment as well as with global headquarters. It is a plus if the candidate has worked in multiple countries within APJ and / or speaks multiple Asia languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Leadership and interpersonal skills:
- Excellent intellectual and analytical skills - ability to structure problem statements and be the catalyst for uncovering new ways to solve problems.
- Prior management consulting, business development, or strategy & planning experiences are desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to forge strong relationships both externally and internally. Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility in face to face situation as well as virtually with partners and internally in VMware.
- Bringing to the role existing relationships with the leadership executives of hyper-scalers and cloud partners across APJ is desired.
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and persuasion skills with an ability to graphically represent new ideas and concepts to executive leaders.
- Ability to effectively and energetically present to partners, customers, peers, and management
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Comfortable in a remote team working environment; self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong time management skills - ability to multi-task.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to integrity.
- Financial aptitude with excel business case modeling, budget development and partner financials understanding.
- Experience in designing/driving complex projects, programs, and processes at scale to achieve set objectives and ROI targets
- An understanding of strategy, industry, and market concepts (e. g. TAM, Competition) as it relates to the wider IT market and specially to the business of VMware and its partners.
- Experience with CRM sales tools such as Salesforce.com as well as PRM (Partner relationship management) systems.
The successful candidate should expect to work flexible hours including being able to travel approx. 25-50% the time.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who ha
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103506