Internal Communications Manager, APJ
Primary Location: ,Singapore
Are you somebody who brings innovation to everything you do? Are you passionate about people and have new ideas and solutions that help you succeed with employee communications?
We are looking for a person, who is passionate about the difference she/ he can make by using the power of effective communications to drive business outcomes by keeping the workforce engaged and informed. You will provide internal communications support to VMware’s Asia Pacific operations and own projects from initial concept to final delivery, working closely with the Leadership team, Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion champions, and employees across the region. Your understanding of VMware’s strategy, and the way we're changing the world is a story you'd like every employee to understand to stay motivated and engaged.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for Employee Communications, including development of Internal Communication(IC) plans, engaging with business leaders with an objective of aligning VMware's communications approach with business goals, HR objectives and regional priorities. At the same time, understanding corporate communications objectives and ensuring adherence to the global guidelines and objectives.
- You're a precise writer who can curate content, differentiate value and usage of internal channels and develop tailored content for multiple mediums (example: announcements, newsletters, videos, infographics, comic-like scripts, internal blogs etc.). You can lead internal events like townhalls, sales kick-offs and create new media of engagement with employees.
- By analyzing qualitative and quantitative data on employees, like employee survey data, statistics from post event engagements, you help the leaders build a communications strategy that focuses on engagement and driving specific outcomes. By engaging with communications managers and employees, you can gauge the mood and sentiment of the organization, provide input to executive communications and leaders on the best employee engagement methodology.
- Having an understanding of IC tools and processes and the ability to work on third party tools for announcements, newsletters (example Campaign Monitor, Newsweaver), you build high quality content for executive leadership and internal engagement. You can find efficient ways of running internal databases and tracking the impact of the efforts made by the communication function. You can develop and run key IC channels including but not limited to intranet, SharePoint, and help in developing a ‘single source of truth’ for Asia Pacific employees.
- Working with global IC and providing counsel to APJ Corporate Communications on new channels, intranet revamps and other initiatives that could impact APJ employees or HR; you tailor and adapt these channels and vehicles for regional and country wide deployment.
- Working with senior leaders to support change management that may result from people and process changes. Gauging employee sentiment while working on organization-wide changes to guide leaders on the ideal communication approach.
- Supporting HR communications to ensure employee programs and initiatives are well communicated throughout the region. Helping create platforms for employee engagement such as tech talks, talent focused leadership engagement groups and driving innovative engagement practices across different levels of organizations.
- Providing the communications team with the counsel and support needed to help drive their IC agenda at a country level. Ensuring accuracy and consistency in core internal communications materials. You work directly with the corporate communications director and the crisis communications team to ensure timely communication of unforeseen situations in any emergency situations.
- Tracking and reporting all Internal Communications activities, analyzing success and driving improvements. Putting in place a central, easily referenced resource for all things IC for our in-country PR managers, without duplicating existing resources provided by Corporate Communications IC.
- We live by VMware's EPIC2 values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customer and Community. If you want to part of an organization that has a purpose of building a better world with technology, and have share our values, we'll be an ideal match.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the communications industry, with atleast 2 years in internal communications. We encourage diversity in backgrounds, and believe any degree is an asset.
- You have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal, and have an eagle's eye when editing content.
- Newsletter tools and processes (Campaign Monitor, Newsweaver), Graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator), web design and video production skills are a plus.
Category : Marketing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-18
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2112264