To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Manager, Networking and Security Solution Engineering
Primary Location: Singapore, Central Singapore
The Charter of the VMware Networking and Security Solution Engineering Organization is dedicated Pre-Sales specialists driving the sales and adoption of VMware’s next generation Network Virtualization (NSX), Load Balancing, SD-WAN, and Security platform. The team will work directly with Product Management & Engineering, the VMware Field Sales teams, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware in cloud computing environments.
We now have the opportunity for a Pre-Sales Manager with responsibility for the Networking and Security Solution Engineering Teams in Southeast Asia and Korea.
The Manager will have direct responsibility for Solution Engineers in those areas that focus on NSX, NSX Advanced Load Balancer, VeloCloud and vRealize Network Insight. The successful candidate will ensure the day to day functioning, management, motivation, recruitment, scheduling and training of the Solution Engineering Team. The successful candidate must be able to manage the broad ecosystem of resources (both technical and people) to drive customer success as well as financial performance. The manager must be able to hire, motivate, develop, mentor and retain the highest quality Solution Engineers who are capable of developing and delivering VMware's Networking and Security initiatives. In addition to managerial responsibilities the candidate will also be required to assume individual contributor responsibilities in providing feedback to Product Management, acting as an evangelist, on key customer opportunities, industry events, partner development & support, PR, etc. around VMware’s Network and Security solutions.
• Manage a Specialist Solution Engineering team including; hiring, compensation plans, performance reviews, team/individual goal setting and professional development
• Build a collaborative internal ecosystem to optimize the opportunity for the networking and security portfolio (NSX, VeloCloud, etc.) , including all stakeholders with a major focus on creation and sharing of best practice
• Lead and Manage customer pipeline, sales plays and successful completion of customer engagements
• Act as a major contributor to the development of a partner model and ecosystem to create new routes to market and significant additional revenue streams
• Affectively represent customer requirements and concerns during VMware product development and support life cycles
• Work closely and support VMware’s Core Field Operations organizations to support and drive VMware’s Network and Security solutions and architectures
• Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for Networking and Security opportunities
• Assist in qualifying and managing Networking and Security implementations including proof-of-concepts and pilots
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of the Networking and Security industry directions and trends
• Work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware’s Networking and Security products
• Significant management experience with proven success building & managing world-class systems engineering or architect teams
• Ideally experience of working for a major networking or security hardware or software vendor
• Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and possess strong leadership and troubleshooting abilities.
• Demonstrable experience of public speaking at industry and partner events to large audiences; ideally press trained and experienced in discussing technology trends.
• Preferably have experience in managing an international team.
• Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
• Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
• Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
• Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
• Must be effective in leading a team of high potential systems engineers
• Strong listening and question-based selling skills
• Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2013969