Partner Readiness Specialist
Primary Location: ,Singapore
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new possibilities for people and our planet. Our software forms a digital foundation that powers the apps, services, and experiences transforming the world.
About The Role
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and executing the Enablement and Skills Development plans for VMware’s Partner Business team as well as VMware’s ecosystem across the region. This position is an integral part of the Partner Business leadership team. You will work as part of the regional leadership team to assure excellence in the field through the development and delivery of both virtual and onsite enablement. The role will create impactful training strategies and deliver productivity improvements to the organization and our partners. Success will depend on your ability to balance strategic thinking with methodical execution; build effective and enduring relationships; drive highly cross-functional processes, and blend product and industry expertise with pragmatic considerations to focus on tangible outcomes.
- A trusted advisor for the regional partner business & APJ partner enablement team. Propose enablement strategies that support the company’s go-to-market strategies and business objectives.
- Be the trusted partner for regional partner team in Partner Readiness matters. Work with local Partner Director, SE Leaders, Partner Business Managers, Partner Solution Architects, and Business Unit, to align partner training program deployment strategies and priorities in accordance to local Partner business plan, program curriculum and roadmap.
- Propose, design, and execute short- and long-term enablement interventions to close skill gaps for both internal and partner resources within the region.
- Design and execute a well-structured enablement program with functional teams focusing on:
- Driving competency status for key partners of all tiers
- Partner sales and pre-sales enablement training base on structured curriculum, accreditation, and certification programs
- Develop solid operation structure and processes to support the high volume of enablement activities across the region
- With Global & APJ RACE team, provide Quarter Training Plans for Internal PBM and Partner SE Readiness
- Ensure alignment on global and regional partner programs. Driving consistent initiatives and cross region training initiatives for the partner business sales team, managed/focus partners and scale through train the trainer approach via distribution partners.
- Evaluate gaps and improvement for current enablement framework and programs. Propose initiatives and programs to provide holistic Business and Technical readiness for internal resources and partners
- Ensure alignment on partner enablement strategy, align, and streamline on programs and initiatives where applicable with relevant Business Units.
- Partner with VMware Education to provide VMware Education services for Partners
- Partner with Marketing in planning and executing large Partner Events (e.g. EMPOWER)
- Manage Partner Enablement budget requirements
- Consult in training content customization, modification, and localization to fit local market (where applicable)
- Ensure organizational alignment to transformational objectives and priorities, communicating accurately and effectively
- Drive consistency in best-practice, cross-functional learning, and standardization across key processes with a focus on repeatability, efficiency, and scalability
- Minimum 8-10 years of field experience working as Sales/Presales with at least 5 years working with Partners
- Understand the dynamics of Sales and Technical Enablement / training
- Proven track record in successful enablement program and solution design and development to full execution across region.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise sales tools, including Salesforce.com
- Software industries experience a must, cyber-security and cloud preferred
Leadership and interpersonal skills:
- Have strong passion to enable and activate partners to sell VMware.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to forge strong relationships both externally and internally. Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility in face to face situation as well as virtually with partners and internally in VMware.
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and persuasion skills with an ability to graphically represent new ideas and concepts to executive leaders.
- Ability to effectively and energetically present to partners, customers, peers, and management
- Comfortable in a remote team working environment; self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong time management skills - ability to multi-task.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to integrity.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Favoritism and Annoyance of Any Kind and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Enablement
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108332