Presales Systems Engineer - Data Center Compute Solutions
- Singapore, Singapore
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Presales Systems Engineer – Data Center Compute Solutions
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
Join us as a a Systems Engineer on our Sales Engineering team in Singapore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Working together with our field sales teams, our Systems Engineers define the overall Dell Technologies solution for the customer using the full range of company products and services.
- Systems Consultant is responsible for taking the customer's technical, financial and business requirements into consideration in order to recommend an optimal configuration utilizing the scope of Dell's capabilities for providing enterprise solutions.
- This role is responsible for providing pre-sales technical consulting on DellEMC technologies and Service capabilities, primarily DellEMC PowerEdge Server, DellEMC Storage, DellEMC Networking, DellEMC Nutanix XC Series, DellEMC VxRail, DellEMC Rady Nodes, OpenManage Server Management Tools, Virtualisation and Data Center Workload Solutions.
- Build and manage direct relationships for complex customer accounts
- Conduct customer needs analysis to understand requirements and project scope
- Prepare detailed product specifications to enable the sale of our high-end products and solutions
- Deliver high impact presentations at customer facilities
- Verify operability of complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment
- You will be goal on Data Center and Compute Solutions quota, which in return drive Enterprise sales to its closure.
- Highly motivated as an individual Enterprise sales maker you must possess the ability to function autonomously delivering a high standard of work to meet the required internal / external deadlines.
- This position requires self-motivation, excellent communication, multi-tasking skills, and must be able to work as a team player with sales focus.
- As part of a dynamic consulting team, this role supports the sales team by providing technical business-consulting advice at senior levels to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Strong industry and market knowledge
- Ability to present to senior level individuals and articulate the Dell Technologies solutions
- Degree in IT or Computer Science
- 10+ years networking experience along with experience in (Windows and Linux)
- Ability to travel regionally for training (10% within a quarter)
- Strong experience in sizing Virtualization technology e.g. (Vmware, HyperV, VDI etc.)
- Able to size backup solutions
- Worked in a pre-sales environment and been responsible for managing a Sales quota
- Clear understanding of other vendor's technology strengths and weaknesses
- Have the ability to analyze the customer's server/storage management facilities and be able to propose a compelling argument for Server/storage consolidation thru an ROI model
- Solid experience in a relationship selling role, preferably technical
- One or more Industry accreditations, VCP, MCSE, CNE, CCNA, CCNP, Compaq ASE, IBM, HPE equiv, etc
- Strong technical skills in advanced system hardware — SCSI Clustering, Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage and Backup technologies
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Engineering Sales Pre-Sales Systems-Engineer Job ID: R071077
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Singapore Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.