To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Principal Engineer, Service Delivery
Primary Location: Singapore,
Additional Location(s): Singapore, Singapore
Principal Engineer, Service Delivery
Dell Technologies customers rely on our products and services to drive progress. So we take the service we provide extremely seriously. Service Delivery is all about making sure our technical solutions help clients fulfill their priorities, challenges and initiatives. As trusted advisors, we build in-depth knowledge of what each client wants to achieve. Then we make sure the services delivered by Dell Technologies deliver on all our promises. We also work closely with Sales and Global Services colleagues to develop strategic account growth plans, and to identify and pursue sales opportunities. Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Principal Engineer on our Service Delivery team in Singapore.
Leads the coordination of field service activities across the assigned geographic region or customer business unit including installation, implementation, repair, preventative maintenance, and engineering change upgrades. Ensures records and systems are maintained. Schedules personnel responding to critical situations. Maintains communication with solution management and sales specialists in resolving solution problems. Ensures product problems are brought to the attention of the design department.
- Manage a small field service team and/or a small supplier relationship and be responsible for the daily activities of the field service team and/or suppliers
- Support service level improvement/ and management of field service teams and suppliers
- Resolve escalations to maintain strong customer experience levels and potentially have trade compliance responsibility for multiple countries
- Execute the operations plan and ensure team achieves specific performance metrics
- Develop training plans based on program management and new product offerings in order to ensure field technical force is ready to handle all new products
- Demonstrated experience leading field teams
- Strong communication skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Typically, 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Typically requires 2+ years managerial/leadership experience
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R072481