Procurement Director - Market CommoditiesSingapore, Singapore 04/26/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Procurement Director on our Market Commodities Procurement team in Singapore.
A ground-breaking company making game-changing products needs an exceptional supply chain. As a Procurement Director, you will manage strategic and operational commodity teams within the Market Commodities portfolio (e.g., LCDs, SSDs, Memory, Batteries, Monitors, Peripherals), developing supplier strategy, long-range plans, global supply chain optimization and building supplier relationships for one or several commodity areas or spend categories, in partnership with business partners.
- Source and supply raw materials and coordinate global procurement efforts
- Set global procurement strategies and oversee implementation within regions
- Develop, negotiate and manage large and critical vendor relationships and contracts for Dell; accountable for improving supplier performance and negotiating contracts and global pricing
- Engage with top leadership for internal business partner organizations, local government authorities, corporate social responsibility, representatives of supplier diversity councils, etc
- Regularly host operations reviews and provide direction for improvements in key commodity metrics of cost, quality, product performance, availability and/or service level
- Direct the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
- Drive cross-functional strategic/operational commodity teams to drive Dell towards a competitive advantage in the market place in specific areas such as Time-to-Market, Availability/Capacity, Cost, Quality, Technology and Service Level.
- Plan and implement activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials and/or outsourced services
- 15+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 7+ years of diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Supply Chain/Engineering/Economics; Masters is an advantage
- Advanced understanding of supply chain and procurement practices
- Advanced knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques
- Advanced knowledge of sourcing and supply chain networks; network of contacts to call on at manager level
- Strong facilitation skills to build alignment to drive decision making and action
- Effective communication skills to influence and drive commitment from stakeholders
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Advisor, Global Commodity Management Singapore, Singapore
- Senior Advisor, Global Supply Management Singapore, Singapore
- Global Commodity Manager Singapore, Singapore