Dell Technologies is seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative Senior Principal /Principal DevOps & Lab Engineer to drive the vision and execution of a new Enterprise Edge Initiative. If you are passionate about how Edge Computing is revolutionizing the future infrastructure and enabling the next wave of ultra-low latency Internet applications, this is the role for you.
As aSenior Principal/Principal DevOps & Lab Engineer in our new Edge innovation group, you will
- Lead and mentor the DevOps team members to ensure they are meeting their goals and objectives, and provide guidance and training on best practices in DevOps and lab management.Design, implement, and maintain CI/CD processes and pipelines for continuous delivery of high-quality software products . Enable or implement highly reliable and scalable integration and developer experience
- Build and manage lab infrastructure to support development, testing, and production environments across multiple platforms (e.g.On-premise Cluster) .Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., software engineering, quality assurance, product management) to identify and resolve technical issues related to environment, CICD, Lab and deployments
- Manage servers, networks, switches, IoT sensors, and other gears related to the Edge team across multiple data centers and locations. Recording the installations, upgrades, backups, and maintenance of systems or software. Support the data center/lab strategy and recommend modifications as appropriate to adjust for changing circumstances; Conducts capacity planning for the lab/data center.
- Learn and become familiar with existing Dell tools and/or deploy new DevOps tooling whenever needed to cover the different DevOps phases of Code, Plan, Monitor, Deploy, Build, Test, Release, Operate
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional distributed teams in engineering, QA and product management in all phases - requirements, development, testing, launch/release and documentation . Be the advocate of the adoption of DevSecOps culture and mindset to the whole engineering team.
Required Expertise and Skill-set
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field . 10+ years of experience in DevOps and Lab Management, with a proven track record of designing and implementing scalable, resilient, and secure lab infrastructure
- Understanding experience in coding languages like Python or Go. Good understanding of technologies like Jenkins, Git, Docker, Unix commands, and shell scripts
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) and infrastructure as code tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation) Good understanding of SDLC, Agile methodologies. Agile development experience in a SCRUM environment is a strong plus.Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metric
- Strong background in CI/CD, and experience with tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, or Azure DevOps .Strong experience in Ops tools and technologies such as virtualization, networking, hardware patching and management, Grafana stack & Nagios etc.
Good to have:
- Understanding of Dell and VMware products is a plus but not expected. However, you should be eager to learn Dell/VMware products and other related technologies .Knowledge of server, storage, networking, virtualization and HCI concepts is a plus
- Understanding of micro service architecture, and how to configure and deploy complex containerized applications .Knowledge around any of the Infrastructure as Code tools ex: Terraform, Ansible, and or Chef, code versioning, CI/CD .Familiarity with network architecture, security, and compliance standards.
Dell’s Hybrid Work Culture
We feel freedom and flexibility are crucial—our flexible and hybrid work style allows team members to have the freedom to ideate, be innovative, and drive results their way.
- Team members who live within a one-hour commute of a major Dell site location will be considered hybrid and expected to be onsite a minimum of three days per week, while the other days can be from anywhere.
- Team members who live more than a one-hour commute from a major Dell site location will be considered remote but may have the option to work hybrid should they choose to, with their leader’s approval.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.