To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Senior/Analyst, Global Supply Management
Singapore, SingaporeApply Now
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Global Supply Management Senior Analyst on our team in Dell Singapore.
Global supply at one of the world’s largest technology companies is no small challenge. It’s complex, fast moving, ever changing and above all exciting. It keeps our people on their toes. Our Global Supply Management team within Materials and Procurement takes charge of global supply planning for specific platforms and commodity areas. Focused on business goals and objectives, we take the lead in supplier selection, product delivery specifications and quality. We succeed through our ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with global internal and external supply chain partners.
- Responsible for commodity continuity of supply
- Acts as a single point of contact for all commodity related demand and supply issues/ requirements. Interfaces with Demand Planning organization to gather commodity demand requirements and trends. In case of demand push-outs or pull-in, lead discussions with Demand Planning and other internal stakeholders to determine the best course of action on supplier commits
- Participates in commodity management and core team meetings to support supply manager action items for all product development
- Coordinates with Global Commodity Managers to drive the commodity COS strategy
- Works with the supplier to negotiate the lead time and other supply requirements, and communicates the supply plan to internal stakeholders
- Works with buyers and suppliers to ensure COS is maintained at all the build sites
- Accountable for supplier’s operational performance business and uses the commodity Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process to manage supplier performance
- Support new part qualification, as required per commodity strategy
- Plans, manages and tracks inventory belonging to the commodity
- Responsible for aging inventory depletion and E&O working with internal stakeholders
- Tracks all the commodity risk buys and provides periodic status updates to all stakeholders
- Support commodity EOQ inventory targets by ensuring inventories are within acceptable range defined by the commodities
- Follow the industry trends on commodity
- Keep track of supplier products/roadmaps for the commodity
- Drive the periodic commodity outlook review with business teams
Required Expertise and Skill-set
- Bachelors Degree or Masters in related discipline
- 1-3 years of related supply chain experience
- Leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise of IT/semiconductor component procurement
- Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery
- Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise
- Manages projects and program execution
- Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contribute to corporate goals and strategic intent
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R062032