Senior Consultant, Security
Primary Location: ,Singapore
We are looking for a Security Consultant, Professional Services to strengthen our Intrinsic Security Practice.
The role of Security Consultant requires a combination of understanding customer’s business needs and having a deep technical knowledge on cyber security solutions, particularly enterprise application security solutions. The Security Consultant will help to architect and implement security solutions, and also be a trusted advisor to our customers with regards to their security posture. We are looking for an innovative and motivated consultant who under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses their knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to conduct the necessary tasks to meet the customer’s requirements. The Security Consultant will be required to work on multiple client accounts and must have the ability to develop and present secure solutions to leadership and technical teams. In addition, the Security Consultant will be required to lead and assess risks imposed by technical solutions and advise clients of security standards, best practices and solutions relating to their applications, endpoints, infrastructure/cloud, and/or Network.
- 5+ years of field consulting experience, preferably implementing security software products;
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise application security solutions (EDR, NGAV, SIEM, Microsegmentation, application whitelisting);
- Understanding of current cyber security landscape and the evolution of the industry;
- Experience in architectural design and lead project implementation of enterprise application security solutions;
- Expert knowledge in VMware Carbon Black required (design, deployment, configuration and troubleshooting);
- Knowledge in proactive threat-hunting and malware analysis (preferred);
- Knowledge in gathering and understanding low level debugs, diagnostics and memory dumps (preferred);
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures and configuration;
- Knowledge of public cloud security principles and best practices;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux configuration and management;
- Knowledge of software deployment and patch management tools (preferred);
- Experience with scripting languages (Python & PowerShell preferred);
- Proven ability to work remotely and independently to deliver customer solutions and stay up-to-date with VMware security product announcements, releases and processes;
- Ability to coach others in requirements gathering, solution designs, delivery plans and effort estimations
- Ability to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining in-depth focus on VMware security solutions;
- Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation to identify possible upsell opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting practice, in a fast-paced company
- Ability and Willing to travel.
- B.S./M.S. degree, equivalent technical training or significant industry experience well regarded.
- Security Professional Certifications ( e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA)
- Security Product Certifications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-18
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2112039