To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Senior Director, Dell Synergy APJ
Primary Location: Singapore,
The Vmware Dell Synergy APJ Sales Leader role will provide sales leadership and management aligned to a Dell technologies sales division to deliver continued VMware bookings growth via and with Dell. This VMware Sales Leader will partner closely with the VMware sales teams and sales leadership as well as the Dell sales teams and sales leadership to ensure that joint VMware and Dell sales, pre-sales, marketing, consulting and channel operations co-operate to facilitate effective coverage of business opportunities in the respective sales division and drive them to closure, specifically with Dell.
This role will be highly complex with significant exposure across senior leadership at VMware and Dell Technologies. Consequently, this role represents a unique opportunity to play a major part in the success of VMware. We are therefore seeking a truly exceptional person with demonstrated capability to build, lead and manage a direct and cross-functional team across VMware and Dell Technologies.
Key Job Responsibilities
- This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President Vmware APJ. The role must be highly aligned and work closely with the other members of the APJ Leadership Team and Vmware/Dell Leadership to drive VMware bookings leverage via the Dell Technologies teams. This role is highly cross-functional in nature and requires demonstrated skill working in a matrix organization across VMware.
- Primary role is to lead the Vmware Dell Synergy team to orchestrate transformational deals across both organisations - Enterprise accounts in close partnership, Vmware and Dell Technologies Enterprise teams, specialists teams, and partners. Purposeful role in driving pursuit and capture of mutual list of “focus” accounts to be calibrated with VMware's sales leadership. Assist in selling VMware solutions, as well as with entire sales process (Proposal-Quote-Contract-POs). Arbiter of conflict/overlap in portfolio selling situations with Vmware/Dell Technologies sales leadership.
- This role will be expected to be Customer and Partner Executive facing regularly – to be the executive spokesperson for VMW at both 1-1 Executive and 1-Many Executive events or internal events.
- This role will work closely with senior leadership at Dell. Building a deep understanding of Dell’s organisation and demonstrated capability to work successfully will be critical to success.
- Work closely with the Regional VPs of both Dell and VMware to jointly achieve the quarterly Plan and built the required amount of Day 1 pipeline every 90 days. Experience with the issues in commercial and contractual negotiations with a complex customers with international reach will be important.
- Engage with Product Group leaders and other key business stakeholders, including Finance, Legal, Marketing, SE, Deal Desk, etc at VMware and Dell to align on business goals and provide feedback on what will be required for successful execution against our bookings targets. Actively work to identify and remove any and all blockers that create friction in the joint selling process between both organisations.
- Disciplined in forecasting, pipeline measurement/campaign measurement for balanced portfolio growth, reporting of results to both Vmware and Dell key stakeholders.
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Natural and poised communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and a clear communication style. Should have the ability to present at all levels and in all situations.
- Exceptional management and leadership skills with the ability to create and drive vision across an organization with authority and gravitas.
- Proven ability to embrace and drive change in a fast-paced, fast-growing organization.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Favoritism and Annoyance of Any Kind and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2014919