Senior Infrastructure Project Manager/Project LeadSingapore, Singapore 09/30/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Project Manager on our Program/Project Management team in Singapore.
It takes something special to drive the development and implementation of new and exciting products and services. That’s a job for our Services Project and Program Management team within Professional Services. The team works closely with sales, customer service, partners, customers and other technical support groups in cross-functional teams. Together, they manage the lifecycle of highly complex, highrisk projects - from design to delivery.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the delivery and execution of a portfolio of or highly complex detailed projects with high risk. May be dedicated to major accounts as post-sales contact.
- Responsible for the development of a program implementation plan that articulates the role of EMC, as well as vendors and client resources, in the delivery of the designed solution within the account. Has a thorough understanding of the business objectives of the customers. Reviews and validates the statement of work (SOW). Responsible for reviewing and overseeing goals and milestones within projects to ensure EMC's commitments to customer and customer business objectives are achieved.
- Establishes program governance. Oversees projects in his/her portfolio and leads project managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and to satisfaction of the customer, EMC and Account leadership. Provides support, assistance and guidance to project managers as needed.
- Overall responsibility for the profitability of the project portfolio. Evaluates the impact of change requests on overall customer satisfaction, profitability and business potential. Accountable for compliance to EMC's revenue recognition rules and policies.
- Oversees delivery Quality Assurance. Ensures that for any existing or potential customer escalation issues, appropriate communications are occurring to all EMC concerned parties; proactively manages customer relationship, oversees the EMC escalation and change control process. Provides regular updates of progress on those issues to both customer and EMC personnel.
- Point of contact for all executive/management communication. Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about the project portfolio and all the initiatives to all the stakeholders: customers, management, sales and delivery personnel. Lead contributor in interacting with strategic customers.
- Articulates the full value of the EMC Solutions and EMC Services business benefit to the customer. Identifies potential future opportunities at the customers' and communicates to sales as appropriate.
- Leads team of project managers; provide project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or workstreams. Acts as a role model, provide feedback and coaching.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars. Complete and maintain industry-recognized project management certification. Complete quarterly accreditations.
- Responsible for review of proposals that address high levels of complexity and risk and address current and evolving client requirements. May actively contribute to the account planning process.
- Communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Consultative skills.
- Financial and analytical experience.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables.
- Understanding of EMC's products and their value-added to the customer.
- EMC Proven certified.
- Strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
- Requires CAT1 security clearance for Singapore Government projects
- Education Required: Bachelors (Technical)
Experience Required: 10+ Years
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have what it takes to bring innovative new products and services to life in collaboration with world-class experts, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Services Professional-Services Job ID: R033256
Related Job Opportunities
- Storage Senior Engineer Singapore, Singapore
- Server Residency Engineer Singapore, Singapore
- Dell Technologies Corporate University PMO Singapore, Singapore