Sr. Manager - Cloud Strategic Sales
Primary Location: ,Singapore
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 23,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Sr. Manager, Cloud Strategic Sales will follow a consistent and defined programmatic approach to help the Sales organization develop sales campaigns in Enterprise & Commercial Segments across APJ. The role will utilize out-quarter pipeline development, Account Planning, pipeline health reviews, deal coaching and choreography, thought leadership, best practices, and aligning key resources to maximize market opportunity, accelerating sales cycles, driving bookings and revenue growth. This role will also drive sales synergies with AWS sales teams and VMW Specialist sales organization, by building joint campaigns, target account list development, and building joint opportunity plans between the two sales teams
• Develop and execute sales campaigns targeting Enterprise & Commercial accounts with field and tele-sales teams, in collaboration with Core Sales leaders and Geo sales strategy teams
• Engage and collaborate with extended sales resources, including, but not limited to Cloud Specialist Sales Team, SE Team, Core Account team, PSO Manager, Channel Manager, along with AWS Sales Teams
• Partner with the AWS sales team and their leadership in efforts to plan & execute cohesive sales campaigns into the assigned Region
• Build sales synergies between AWS and VMW sales teams through joint opportunity planning and target list development
• You will work closely with a multitude of Channel Partners to drive cloud adoption across APJ markets, leveraging “Land & Expand” strategy. Winning the first workload and expanding the customer usage and consumption
• Accurate forecasting, planning, structure cloud deals, negotiate deals & partnerships, and orchestrate a broad mix of resources in order to execute a successful 90-day sales campaign
• Ability to travel 50%+ of the time is required
• We are looking for someone with 7 years of sales management experience in a dynamic, highly competitive, ever-changing enterprise sales environment.
• Do you have major understanding of Cloud Sales and preferably experience with AWS or other large cloud provider (Microsoft, Google)
• Demonstrated achievement in driving sales campaigns leading a horizontal, extended resource team to support the direct sales teams
• You have the ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
• You are a Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
We look for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, teamwork above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
• Consistent record of achieving business objectives in a highly high-reaching environment.
• BA/BS degree or higher.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware, is an EPIC2 community (read about values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms.
If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Alliance Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2100601