Sr. Solutions Engineering Manager
Primary Location: ,Singapore
Sr. Manager, Solutions Engineering - VMware Tanzu
About Us - Video
In Swahili,’tanzu’ means the growing branch of a tree. In Japanese,’tansu’ refers to a modular form of cabinetry. At VMware, Tanzu represents our growing portfolio of solutions to help you build, run and manage modern apps. We help customers develop cloud-native apps and maintain existing apps side-by-side, on the same enterprise-grade platform on any cloud.
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s exciting new Tanzu team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run, and manage their most valuable applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customer’s entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
Already, you have strong problem solving abilities, are able to work both at high and low levels of detail, have exceptional communication skills and have experience successfully leading teams.
The Sr. Manager of Solutions Engineering is a proven people manager with technology leadership skills who is responsible for our Presales Team across South-East Asia ( SEA ). You are a trusted advisor to the customer - both internally and externally. You are expected to ensure the enablement of the team, development of strategies, and repeatable frameworks to create compelling value propositions. As a key part of the leadership team you will also be responsible for the direction of your team’s effort toward the most profitable and strategic sales opportunities - and and as a result, achievement of revenue targets.
- Listens to customers, understands key drivers and desired outcomes
- Leads, manages, and motivates a team of Solution Engineers(pre-sales specialists) across South-East Asia
- Experiences across Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Native & Distributed Applications development a plus
- Continually develops the talent in the Solutions Engineer organisation to meet current and future business needs. Ensures continuous performance feedback, skills assessment, and individual development plans are integrated across the team
- Create a Solutions Engineer resource plan to support the business plan
- Works closely with Sales to manage the coverage model and ensure that customers are aligned with the right resources to deliver on commitments and drive results.
- Responsible for driving an efficient hiring process, building a talent pipeline of potential candidates and meeting the Solutions Engineers headcount plan.
- Partners with the country manager to set sales strategy for Tanzu across South-East Asia
- Participate in, and contribute to sales forecast and pipeline reviews
- Reviews account penetration strategies for critical accounts. Leverages knowledge of VMware Tanzu competitive solutions to effectively position a Tanzu solution and prepares the sales organisation for customer objections.
- Drives consistency of approach and ensuring best practices are applied across all teams
- Builds and maintains senior customer relationships and acts as the escalation point for major technical issues
- Presents Tanzu value proposition to Key customers, and represents VMware as a senior technical leader.
- Provide feedback to R&D on Tanzu product/solution needs to meet customer requirements
- At least 5 years’ experience leading highly skilled pre-sales teams within the enterprise software market
- Experience in technology-related work, such as Application Development, Engineering, Pre-sales Engineering or as a customer-facing Consultant
- Ability to lead in a constantly evolving environment, manage multiple priorities and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate within a matrix organisation and influence senior leadership
- Track record of actively participating in large, complex sales engagements with relationships with C-Level Executives.
- Comfortable with presenting, and engaging large audiences at conferences, and past experience a plus
- Executive level business acumen which enables you to serve as a thought partner with customers
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex technologies.
- Decisive, results and execution orientated with demonstrable achievement of success
- Proactive communication style, with proven ability to build trust and respect from the team.
- Demonstrated success in hiring, motivating and retaining world class international teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a STEM major
- Must be willing to travel across South-East Asia, and quarterly throughout Asia Pacific
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103372